LenDale on NFLN tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryan, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ditto

A goal line RB/FB who's supposed to be heavy is a thing of the past. Teams can't afford to carry a player like that on their roster unless they're a very special player in that role.

Bettis played overweight because he earned the right to do it after years of production.

Being overweight is no good to a RB who wants to carry a team. A tub of lard is not an explosive player. Fat guys don't get 20+ carries a game because they're not fit enough.

Lendale frustrates me because he could be so much better.I don't dislike him,I want to be a great back for us. I just don't think he's mature enough to do what's right for himself & his team mates at the moment.

Our running stats are still padded out by the Jags game. Chris Brown is doing what I expected him to do but Lendale isn't doing enough IMO. His lack of fitness could hurt us in some games.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think Lendale will ever have to carry this team the way Eddie did. To me it appears the Titans are moving in the direction of RBBC.

I want to remind everyone that Lendale is only 22 years old. Thats 8 more years before the dreaded 30 age for running backs.

L. White's stats are 180 yards rushing on 50 attempts for this season. That's only 70 yards away from last seasons totals, plus he has 2 tds this season. For his young career, 424 yards with a 3.8 average, 2 tds and only 1 fumble over 111 carries.

If he can hit hard fat then I don't care how heavy he is or looks. If he can be one half of a good RBBC tandem then great for us. He's the change of pace heavier bruiser that will drag lighter, more tired defenders late in the game.

I think people that want Lendale to be the next eddie george, or even a running back that gets 80% of our carries and leads our team, have the wrong expectations for what L.White will be for this organization.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Change of pace back? Meaning opposing defenses know that when he is in there we will never run the toss play wide and they really don't ever have to worry about him bouncing anything outside?

I like lendale and have no problem with him personally but he does constrict our offense a bit something that chris brown does not do. He runs the screen well and has not been a liability blocking but he will never be a regular part of our passing game. Reminds me of eddie in his last 2 seasons here..

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

i think the spare tire he's carrying actually helps him by players bouncing off it!anyway bettis was just as chunky when he got in the league and then just got fatter!who cares tho,chris henry will take over next year.maybe this year if they decide to put him in pads on a sunday!:irked:

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What?

Yeah, lendale is the bruiser. brown is more the quick,slasher although he looks powerful this year as well. My guess is the likely scenario will be that if someone else wants brown, we won't re-sign him, and we will roll with c.henry and l.white in future seasons in rbbc. Either offer a change of pace in the game.

Uh, I'm sure they would run a toss play with Lendale. I doubt other defenses would worry much about him "bouncing it outside" like you said.

I also agree somewhat with the constricting the offense comment.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:whoop: have you seen him play?

7. desfletcher316

:rolleyes: ofcourse not living in this hell hole called england but heard alot of good things about him from your side of the pond.dont think he got a fair shot in collage.played well preseason,was against second string defense but had a back up offesive line blocking for him so it sort of balances it self out.;)

8. desfletcher316

well the first game against the skins anyway!:bricks:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's cool man. But I'm here to tell you that Chris Henry is not going to be a successful back in this league. Maybe he should try out for the IAAF World Championships... because he isn't going to be a Titan for long. He is the new Jarrett Payton... not to mention a complete waste of a second round pick. He could have gone undrafted...

I've seen this trio hit holes better.

[​IMG]

10. desfletcher316

haha!:biglaugh:were they playing against the jags?they would have had plenty of time to get there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar