LenBuddha will not be the featured back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Despite having no other clear options at the running back position on their current roster, the Titans are not planning to feature LenDale White as their workhorse in 2007. The Nashville Tennessean is reporting that White will be in the Titans' mix, however, he won't be a true feature-back. Philosophically, the Titans don't want to let one runner carry the load. "We drafted LenDale for a reason," Fisher told the paper. "We feel like he has a chance to be a very productive back. With that said, we expect to have two that we can call upon, at least."

Got this from www.fanball.com

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think that's a misinterpretation of the quote. i think it's safe to say travis henry was our workhourse back last year, but that didn't stop lendale from getting 5-6 carries per game and being in some of the two-minute packages.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Basically its saying that him and another rb will split carries.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i know, but i think it's wrong. i think they are taking a single quote from the tennessean and running away with it.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not much of a surprise considering we do it every year.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I believe Fish said he wouldn't rely on a single back as much as he did George, but that doesn't mean he won't give the majority of carries to one guy like he did just last year.

7. At this point, White should be expected to be just as much of a #1 RB as Henry was in 2006 and Brown in 2005 and 2004.

He isn't likely to be an every down back like Eddie George was. But he will be the main RB.

8. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

Well the NFL is turning into a 2 back system anyways.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What I get out of that quote more than anything is the Titans have some plan to bring in a quality vet to share carries with White. They can lure a gy like Dillon easier if they make him think he is going to get some decent playing time.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

:bsflag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar