Leinart or Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

?
  1. Matt Leinart

62.2%
  2. Vince Young

29.7%
  3. Other (If you pick this option, you're not really a Titans fan)

8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTHOMPS627

MTHOMPS627 Guest

Killing me over here!

Pass on the QB with pick #3 and keep Volek because there is nothing wrong with him and as for being a back up he is just as good as 3/4 of the QB's out there that are starting. it would be foolish to let him go for a rookie QB. He has more than earned his shot at the helm when McNair retires. If we were to take DeBrickshaw think about this. front 5 would be Debrick, Pillar, Mawae, Olson and Roos in front of McNair with Givens, Bennett, Troupe, Kinney and Brown! Take that and throw in another FA player on the D side like Sam Cowart, Greisen or Nail Diggs at ML and we would be putting the AFC south on notice!:)

2. MTHOMPS627

MTHOMPS627 Guest

eh maybe

I do understand what your sayin PRIZ. My major concern is I cannot EVER remember season when Mcnair and Volek took such a beating and ran for their lives for the better part of 3/4 of the season. Not taking care of the line now and taking Leinart I just think is the wrong move at this time unless by some chance we struck gold again on the O-line with OT help.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Players ask for a raise all the time, especially in his case. I think he had something in the neighborhood of 1400 yards and 12 TD's and made the pro bowl. He was scheduled to make near the league minimum. Clearly, that's not right. Meanwhile, Bret Favre is cashing in big bucks every year even though he is probably below the middle of the pack among qb's in this league. Yet he goes out of his way to call out his best receiver. Now Javon must really respect Favre, because I'm sure his agent (Rosenhaus) was telling him to pay him no attention, but he decided to ignore his agent and come back anyways. Javon was one of the top 5 young wideouts for sure at that point and would surely have commanded a huge contract had he held out. I guess Favre doesn't see anything wrong with that.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound defensive.. =x

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Not saying he will be good because he forces passes. I'm saying that they said the same thing about Farve, and look how great of a player he became. Forcing passes can be corrected. Arm strength and mobility are a lot harder to fix.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Tom Brady didn't have very good arm strength coming out of college. Troy Aikman couldn't run very fast. You can always cite one case for a player... my point is that that doesn't mean anything...

The only thing that that shows is that making bad decisions doesn't necessarily mean that you can't be a starter in the NFL. That's fairly obvious. There are many qb's starting right now that consistantly make bad decisions.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I definately just set a record for the most uses of "that" in the same post.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I love the idea of Vince Young. I'm fine with him but... ok, check this out...
    You can take Vince Young and do fine but if you select Vince Young over Matt Leinart you have screwed the pooch. I've been firmly on the fence with this for some time. I've ohhed and ahhed over Vince Young. I remember that magical Rose Bowl game. The way I see it, you can't really go wrong with either one. If Leinart goes at #2 you could even shop the pick and still be ok. I like Leinart. I like Young. I'd even be fine with Cutler if it meant an extra impact player would come with the slot jokeying...It's good to be the Titan. The tide has turned... finally.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So what are you saying? Maybe Javon's agent should've gotten him a better rookie contract. I'm sick of this BS..play out your contract, and then cash in, or put in clauses that let you out of your contract after a certain number of years. To be as young as Walker was, and to make a move like this would only damage his persona, and in effect it damaged his physical skills. One of these days, these guys are gonna learn, the only way you get a raise is by staying in house and working your butt off, not sitting at home requesting the money. If he would've just showed up to camp and never made a big deal out of it, he would've gotten the extension he wanted, the Packers and Favre love Javon Walker, but he burned a bridge, and the Karma Chameleon got him in the end. By the way, what is he doing now??:banned:

10. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

Ive Changed Mind From Cutler To Leinhart

Leinhart Is Ready To Play As Rookie ,very Clutch In Big Games Even Rose Bowl He Played Great,& I Think We Either Trade
    Mcnair Or Volek,so We Neeed Someone Who Can Play Now ,maybe Even Release Mcnir If He Doesnt Cut His Cap Mumber,no Nway Volek Wants To Be A 3rd Stringer If Mcanair Stays.i Say Trade Volek For 3rd Or Early 4t Rounder & No More Drew Clients.mcnairs Last Year & Lenarts Team Next Year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar