Legarrette Blount update:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Whether Legarrette blount or somebody else I would have really liked to see us carry a back on our roster that has some power. When we initially acquired blount after draft t I was happy because I felt like we got a steal...really wished we had stuck with him because I think having him and CJ could have been a dangerous combination for our offense.

But unfortunately with the way our playcalling is he would have just been riding the pine ! CJ will get damn near 20 carries for 40yrds and we wont even bring in ringer just for a breather...so I dont see them really utilizing a 2 RB backfield to its potential

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If any bum can play special teams, why haven't we **deleted** on special teams this year like we normally do? We dropped a player that would have never been used to strengthen a key weakness in the team and you say its a bad move. lol.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We didn't even draft Blount, and only got him after something happened with him and the 49ers.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans tried to retain LaGaarreettee but the Bucs grabbed him. Its not like the Titans cut him. Its a good thing that the Titan marginal players can get snaps on other teams, shows depth and an overall good job by reinfelt and the whole front office.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Just a typo..thinking one thing and typed another.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Why are we still talking about this guy? If he does well somewhere else good for him but our coach didn't feel like he fit our system. Can coach get things wrong? Sure they can but there a lot of things their looking at that we don't see. If they don't believe a player can cut it in a certain system then do you think that player can be extremely successful? What I think happened was that the coaches had a hard decision to make and Blount came up short. But now that we had given him a chance to showcase some of his talent in the preseason and he's moved on to another team we just need to drop talking about him. We really won't know if it was truely a bad decision by Fisher until a season or two from now. Until then who really cares about Blount right now?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Allowing a guy to try to clear waivers that most certainly wont isn't "trying to retain" a guy.

We gave him up and filled his spot with losers that'd be lucky to have a job if it werent for us giving them away.

And yeah- you guys say he wouldn't play here in another season when we let CJ walk.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Geez, the who cares thread award is certainly going to this one.

9. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

"He's got tremendous strength and power in his running game. So we were excited in what we saw," offensive coordinator Greg Olson said. "We're excited about his first outing, and we think he'll get better as we go along, so there's no reason not to believe he will be a guy who will continue to carry the ball for us."

I think my issue is it seemed obvious to me the guy has talent and a much needed bad attitude but Fisher seems to have his favorites and you will see a flash of some people but then they disappear.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Awesome! Does the ceremony take place in your mom's basement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar