Legal scalping in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 17, 2006.

?
  1. Should NOT be allowed

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I have no problems with it.

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Just wondering what everyone else thought about scalping. I've had to sell off an extra ticket here and there, but I've always used Ebay to do it. Before buying my PSL, I always bought scalped tickets. It helped me make my decision as to where I wanted to buy my PSL. I've sat all over that stadium. I knew I didn't want an endzone seat, or a nose bleeder.
    I never had any problems with or from the scalpers. Most were very easy to work with.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

These past few seasons you could find a ticket from one at face value or less.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If your a sucker and want to pay more than face value for any ticket by all means do it

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You won't find decsent seats for face value very often. Anytime you buy tickets from a scalper your going to more. The good thing is that your almost always gauranteed to find a ticket if you really want to go. There have been games where I've paid much more than face value and I didn't care. I wanted to go to the game.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I dont mind fans making money selling their tickets. After all, they lose money when the team peforms poorly. What I dont like it professional scalpers who are getting tickets before the general public has a shot at them. And that happens a lot.

That said, I wont buy tickets from scalpers. There are plenty of fans selling an extra ticket that you can get one from.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I agree. Fans who normally use their tickets, but sell them occasionally....no problem. Professional scalpers, ticket brokers, etc....scurge of the earth. I just think it is wrong. They get blocks and blocks of tickets when no one else can.
    It IS ILLEGAL in SOME states....just not here in TN.
    When the Superbowl was in San Diego....ILLEGAL there. You could get a "package" for something like $1K or $1500 per person. It included:
    - 1 Game ticket (face value was $300)
    - Deluxe accomidations for one night (Motel 6 or worse = $60)
    -SuperBowl party with pre-game meal (A table of cheese and crackers with a few bottled waters set up at the Motel 6 = $5)
    So the "Package" cost was around $365 and you had to pay $1,500...but that is how they got by with it in an area where scalping illegal....the infamous "package deal". Scum, scum, scum!

7. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

These are the exact reasons I choose "Should not be allowed". I don't have a problem with someone who purchased a ticket at face value selling their ticket for whatever someone will pay. I don't think that is what people usually refer to as Scalping.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Exactly. No one has a problem with it when it is THEIR tickets for sale, or when they don't have a ticket for, let's say....a Titans' game last season.....because they were still cheap. However, when it is something else, or when we are back to glory and you can't find a Titans' ticket for under $100......then people will feel different.
    When the day comes that we go back to the Superbowl (especially if it is in a city where scalping is legal) it will be a different result in the poll. You will see a half dozen threads about how wrong the scalping is and how ridiculously high the tickets are.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I voted that I have no problem with it, and I don't think I'll change my mind the next time we go to the Super Bowl. I've sold tickets for both more and less than the face price, and just this year I paid face price for a game that I probably didn't have to because I knew the person and didn't want to ask him to take less than he paid, even though I could have gotten a comparable ticket for about half that amount. Let the market control the prices; it'll even out over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar