Leftwich to Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It will be interesting to see which jersey number he wears, his old number was 7...hmmm, sounds familiar for the falcons, let's see who wore that for them oh, yeah, the dog "killa" himself.:ha:

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

make me a sig with Norm Chow and have it say "Mr. Predictable"

I have plenty of other sigs, but I wore this for dctitan. He's gona now so I guess theres no point.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress, it didn't really take that long for him to find a team, just 2 weeks. We are talking about a guy who is going to make $3.5M a year. Few teams can afford that for a backup Qb. The falcons were interested him in him from the beginning but wanted to see how harrington did for a couple of games. Once they got their answer they made their move.

Peete vs leftwich?

Peete was 6'0 210 and had at best an average arm. Leftwich is 6'5 245 and has a cannon of an arm..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What does physical attributes have to do with what their career will be like?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress compared 2 players. One has more ability than the other. I can take rodney peete's career stats and compare them to leftwich and leftwich's are superior. The only thing peete and leftwich have in common is that they are both black and smart.

Leftwich isn't some rookie he has already started 31 nfl games and his team won 19 of them. He is a major talent who has already played well but in the right situation can play better. In the aniseptic environment of that georgia dome with some speed around him he can shine and will. The falcons just rejuvenated their franchise just 2 weeks after they lost vick..

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

One player isn't going to make the Falcons any better. I agree that he's somewhat of an upgrade over Joey Harrington, but he'll still have absolutely nothing around him. Warrick Dunn isn't what he was even two years ago, and their recieving core is trash. They have a terrible offensive line. Basically, his only weapon is Alge Crumpler. Just like Michael Vick, except Leftwich can't pull it down and run. Atlanta is still in trouble.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I meant to say that I feel as Gunny said that Leftwich's career will go the way Peete's did. A guy with a lot of potential but couldn't cut it in the big time.

I realize they're not the same type of player but I'd be shocked if Leftwich turned out to be any better player with the Falcons than he was with the Jags.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress, i never thought of peete as a guy with a lot of potential. He was a sixth rd draft pick while leftwich was the 7th pick in the whole 03 draft.

Peete was small, had a weak arm but he was smart and did have some mobility and was able to make a nice career out of what he had. He was mainly a backup for more than a decade. Leftwich has big time talent but may not fulfill that potential because of injuries.

Leftwich is more in the drew bledsoe mold but for some people that doesn't compute because he is black.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bledsoe is a better example because IMO neither player can/could play well under pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar