Leftwich to Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Well the Falcons game on our schedule just turned from an easy win to a blowout. And can you please get rid of the Colts garbage? Its really getting me sick to my stomach. I hate them.. Ill even make you a VY sig or something. Idc anything you want just get rid of the dang avatar and sig. Just.. ewe

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Considering they are doomed for the season anyway, I don't blame them for bringing him in. 2 year deal, if he shows anything he can groom the successor for the first 4 games next season before whoever it is takes over.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Is it safe to say they're the frontrunners for Brian Brohm?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Leftwich makes them a dangerous team.

I was hoping for leftwich's sake that he went somewhere else like detroit. The falcons don't necessarily have the best WRs in the league but there he can play sooner and he is better than harrington.

Frankly some of the comments on this board make little sense. Leftwich is a good QB he just needs to stay healthy.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Leftwich sucks?

His record as a starting QB(19-13) isn't that different from steve mcnair's. His post rookie passing rating is 84 compared to mcnair's career rating of 83. Leftwich has never had a season where he played at a level below average and has 51 career Tds vs 36 ints. How does that ever suck?

The jags had 2 good QBs and choose garrard over leftwich. That doesn't mean leftwich sucks and the falcons helped themselves greatly by picking him up..

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Tide have you actually watched leftwich play, statue in the backfield, slow, long release, and to top it off he looks like Gary Coleman, really he does.:grrhee:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just look at results..

59% winning percentage as a starter. Jeff fisher a head coach with a 53% winning record is perceived to be a great coach by many.

84% post rookie passing rating comparable to delhomne, mcnair and pennington.

51-36 Td to int ratio which is average..

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

OK, let's start at the top, 59% winning percentage, ok, VY si over 64% in only 14 starts, leftwich has had four years to lead a often underachieving jags team that in truth was good because of its running game and great D.

Coach fisher winning percentage 53% fine and a valid point, but take away the rebuilding/salary cap purge years and it goes way up, don't have the numbers but probably around 60%. (just figured it at 59%)

Passer rating, (only NASA really understands that anyways), as mc9 proves more and more if you are a "check down charlie" you can pad your sats and the announcers will praise you for your "game management" skills. Never mind that all you are doing is completing a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 7.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Leftwich is a major upgrade over Harrington but I think he's destined to be another Rodney Peete.

He had a fair shot at being a starting QB & failed.For whatever reason the Jags couldn't/can't cut it late in the season when games really count. It may be their play calling but I've always felt that Leftwich can't play in a pressure situation. Some guys are good QB's but fold under pressure.

If he's so great why has it taken him until now to get picked up by a team. Good QB's always get snapped up.Had the Falcons not had Vickgate Leftwich would likely have sat out the whole year. We'll know what he's made of soon enough because the Atlanta situation ids going to be a pressure cooker for him.

My money says he will fold under that pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar