LeCharles Bentley,Pro Bowl center, to hit free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i could do without him, but i would rather not lose three guys from the o-line in one offseason.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Based on the play last season I doubt it hurts us too much.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

touche

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I expect the Cardinals to make a play for either Bentley or Hutchinson. Personally if I were them I'd put in an offer for Hutchinson. At worst it makes the Hawks eat up more cap space and at best you get a great young guard and really hurt your biggest division rival.

This yrs draft is pretty deep at center as well.

Personally I'd go with Amano and then look to bring in a vet for the vet minimum come July or August. Their is always a center available. Or if Mangold falls to us in the second we should jump on him. His OLINE coach says that he is the best center he has coached and he also coached Bentley and Stepanovich.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

#1-we are going to have a hard time trying to sign Hartwig to a good deal
    #2 Bentely is just getting out of NO and he will want to go some place that appears to be close to contending or contending
    #3-A good center can cost good money. Quite frankly, we dont have that kinda money yet

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Look at the history.

Traditionally, Reese has never put any money at center. He prefers to take a sixth or seventh-round pick and "coach em up". I think Hartwig is gone and Reese would never spend the money it would take to bring Bentley here even though the Titans were said to be ready to take him when he was drafted.

7. danny

danny Guest

Stepnoski ?

8. TitanJeff

True. Forgot him. Reese hasn't invest much into the position since.

9. Exactly, lets forgot about him and concentrate on getting a center at a cheaper cost

10. TitanJeff

I meant I had forgotten Stepnoski. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar