Lebron to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans Eternal, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lebron's douchebaggery continues.

This dude will never stop killing his own legacy. It's as if he hates himself- and regardless of how ESPN tries their hardest to spin this and make it some kind of cute "awww he did it for Cleveland" story- truth is- he did it AGAIN because he failed in Miami. The second he fails he runs away.

I hope somehow Bosh and Wade end up with the best team in the league and Lebron doesn't make playoffs.

It's good for us Lebron haters though. We get to watch him fail yet again over and over... until he quits and goes to another team in a couple years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

[​IMG]

Guess he was right.

Cowardly king.

3. Deuce Wayne

There are only a few reasons Lebron is going back to Cleveland:

1. So people don't scald him for losing with a bought team full of future HOF players...

Now he can point the finger at people like Kyrie Irving and Wiggins... with the "youth" excuse. And trust me, if people could brainwash the entire world to make his old Cavs squad look like he had no help- they can do it even easier with this one.

2. Attention. Probably the main reason. The attention whore had to do something to get the heat off his back (npi). He loves making people talk more than he loves basketball itself. He knew this move would have "Lebron" trending.

3. He knows he simply doesn't have "it". A LOT less pressure knowing he'll lose in Cleveland than losing forever more in Miami.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think I'm gonna say I like LeBron more for doing this. I hope the Cavs win one. They deserve it.

Yea... he's still a diva but whatever. This better be his last stop though... Stick with Cleveland the rest of your career, dude. Don't bail again.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Beginning to think The Decision was more ESPN telling him how to do it than LeBron himself.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I guess you could argue that no one really owes anyone, but that's just the way I see it.

It's obviously a big reason for his return.

7. Deuce Wayne

... Why? What else does he have to do to prove this has HIM written all over it?

Lebron lives for this sh**.

And he'll do it again. I guarantee you that. As soon as he loses 2 times he'll find some FA's to join up with hoping he sniffs another title.

2 titles that were bought? Not cutting it in the "greatest" debate. Durant will have that many by time he retires and all of a sudden, Lebron isn't even the best player of his career.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think he's dumb enough to do it now, he should be mature enough regardless. I'm not sure why I thought this, just seems a very ESPN-like thing to do these days. Hype the **** out of it, offer huge money for it just so they can get the ratings.

Could be a reason he broke the news on SI and not ESPN.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

You know, I was one of the LeBron's biggest haters when he left Cleveland. My wife was a fan of the Cavs when he was there (as she lived in Cleveland, I grew up a fan of the Hornets) and I became a fan after he left (hoping the Cavs would actually somehow win a ring before he did). During this whole process I was somewhat hoping he would stay with the cHeat, and I was looking forward to watching them crash and burn. Hell, with Wiggins, Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, a healthy Bennett, and David Blatt coaching the team, maybe the Cavs would actually beat the cHeat this go round since they seemed to be imploding.

But I'll tip my hat to LeBron this time. Yeah, on one hand he had to know the amount of positive attention this would generate would be astronomical. He just went from being one of the most hated players in professional sports to one of the most beloved. He also had to know that his only chance of making a run at "GOAT" would be in Cleveland; bought and paid for championships for the cHeat didn't mean ****, and with him losing two of those, any chance of being in the conversation with MJ and Kobe was vanishing quick, with the only possible way to get back in was to play this knight in shining armor scenario out.

But, the guy just uplifted an entire state, and he probably could have teamed up with 'Melo somewhere (and maybe drag Chrissy Bosh along) to continue ring chasing, but he didn't. The Cavs only have Verajao as a big man right now, and he can hardly stay healthy. Though Kyrie and Dellevadova are worlds better at PG than any cHeat player LBJ has played with... probably better than any PG he has EVER played with. And Wiggins has a bright future (if the Cavs aren't idiotic and trade him for Love a year early...), and Bennett looked damn good yesterday in the Summer League game.

Anyways, his "article" was nice, and was either a fantastic piece of writing from the heart or extremely high-level marketing produced by his handlers (it could go either way, I know someone wrote it for him, but if those were his words in general and if he meant them then props to him).

I will say this though: If Byron Scott was the unluckiest coach in NBA history then David Blatt is the luckiest. Blatt just went from consistently winning with underdog teams to being handed the keys to what could be one of the most talented teams in the NBA. I'm more interested in seeing what Blatt does as a coach for the Cavs than anything. Mike Brown is probably one of the worst coaches in NBA history, and this team still almost made the playoffs last year, so under Blatt the Cavs should be very fun to watch this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar