Lebron James...The new Dominique Wilkins.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He airballed a 9 ft jumper...I don't even think I've ever done that.

Jesse- if you like hard dunks, Lebron is a good choice. You would have probably liked Shawn Kemp in his prime more than Jordan at that time also.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man, the Cavs coach is a whiny lil b*tch.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so lebron had 47 tonight....and 7 turnovers along with a loss to the pacers.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, if the officials called the foul on the first alley oop how could they NOT call the one on the same exact play?

for the record, neither of them should have been called.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah I understand that. I follow the Lakers pretty closely myself, so I know the frustrations with Lamar Odom. I thought that last year he would step up after they got Gasol because it would take a lot of pressure off of him. I was wrong. Eventually the Lakers will stop putting any faith at all in Odom after he burns them once again. But what I was trying to say in my first post was that if Odom (as unlikely as it is) puts up even comparable stats to what he did Sunday, the Lakers will be unstoppable. Even if he plays like he did in the third quarter of that game for just stretches of a game, like when Kobe goes out and the only viable option on the floor is Gasol, then the title is locked and sealed.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Shaq back to LA rumors are flying around..would Laker fans like that?

ALSO, I'm a bigger Kobe fan then Lebron fan. Lebron is wayyy to self centered and worried about his image then anything else. You don't see Kobe Bryant in every other commercial about god knows what, or throwing powder up before every game, or speculating about leaving LA for the Knicks/Nets when his contract is up. Lebron always needs to be the center of attention, its annoying.

Besides, Lebron travels most of the time..and doesn't get called for it, except for that one game vs washington :)

7. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, LJ does travel a lot- but to his credit...any hyped basketball player is allowed. As Jordan says "I can get away with that. You can't." (from a training video referring to carrying)

I think most Lakers fans would welcome shaq. I would.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If i'm a Laker fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Shaq back. I think that he finally realizes that he's not a front line player anymore and would be more willing to let Kobe be the focal point of the offense rather than himself. Besides, it would move Gasol back to the four and Odom likely back to the bench.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would rather root for Lebron. But Kobe is the better basketball player right now.

I have to give it up for Lebron though. He's shown more character than Kobe. He came into the league and developed a jump shot that he did not have leaving highschool. So he's taken all the pressure and met it. Kobe never had the high expectations. Lebron did. And he came out clean on the other side. Kobe came into the league clean and will leave it a shell of his former self.

In my opinion Lebron has far exceeded Wilkins image. But Dominique gets a bad rap. He could pass, rebound, and shoot. He just couldn't win it all. Lebron should get his before this is all over. He's that good.

If I was Lebron, I'd definately go to Brooklyn. There is very little he can do for that city called Cleveland. Brooklyn could be huge though. He can win a championship there and live the good life. It's the same thing Shaq did, and that worked out pretty good. I don't blame him one bit for the move.

10. Deuce Wayne

Lebron developed a jumpshot?? He airballed 2 easy jumpers just the other day.
    And Kobe had just as much hype as lebron...well, without the internet to help. He was supposed to be 'the next jordan'. And he's been the closest we've seen yet... but lebron is supposed to be 'the next kobe'.

And unless he can do something other than dunk, and unless he can start magically being the guy you want shooting when the game's on the line... he'll fall short.

Lebron isn't the guy that's going to get a championship unless his team wins it for him.
    Did you watch him in the playoffs last year? He's the Peyton Manning of basketball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar