LeBron James keeping his kids off the gridiron

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 13, 2014.

?
  1. Youre Got damn right they can play football, this is Murica!

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Hide your babies, football is eveil

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I was a stud wrestler....hope to one day see my kids earn state medal's

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I hated playing football for the fact I didn't like to get tackled. I couldn't of done wrestling lol

Now basketball, I'm still a beast. @520 is scared to come up here and get dunked on.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man, you guys really are into the bubble wrap society.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

The main sports I want my kids in are basketball, baseball, soccer, and track.

Swimming would be a plus, they already do swimming classes with their mom.

Football they would have to be hardcore about it, same with wrestling.

I did lacrosse for 1 year and it was fun, but nothing special.

5. 520

Lol. Dunked on....I ain't been dunked on since my older brother did it to me when i was a preteen.

6. 520

I was a guard...it was hard work man. But I was in excellent shape thanks to wrestling. Also if my son played football I'd want him to wrestle a year or two...it is a great help

7. 520

And yes the conditioning in wrestling was insane....our minimum warm up was full speed for a mile...then about twenty minutes shooting across the gym...if we were lucky and coach was in a good mood we didn't have to use the resistant ropes for that...then running in circles sprawling at whistles for another ten fifteen minutes....then the hard stuff started.

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I can remember kids not eating so they can make weight to compete. I use to joke around with my one dude, I would always offer him my lunch knowing he wasn't eating

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

at youth levels, football is not very intense, once you get into high school and above, serious concussions are possible. you only get one brain. My kid's brain is worth more than a nice long football career.

I remember coaches laughing about kids getting their bell rung. A lot changed the time that I (and you) were in high school. They gave us a lot more water breaks due to Kory Stringer.. and not until after that did they start taking concussions seriously.

I do love hockey, and concussions happen there, too.. but hits happen every single play in football.

10. 520

Ya man...kids do crazy **** for that...not me I was always well under weight..at least ten pounds. I'd be the only guy eating breakfast on weigh in mornings lol. Weigh in fully clothed with shoes on. I don't know how those Lil skinny dudes drop weight like they do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar