League Conduct Policy Appears Arbitrary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:rolleyes:
    wtf ?
    so I'm guessing that you have Vick's back on this ?
    you think it'll be OK for Vick to play this year ,even though he's ben indicted by a federal grand jury for something grotesque and inhumane ?

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

What if Michael Vick is innocent, just what if? Should he be suspended before it has been proven that he has done anything wrong? That's the whole problem. People are charged with crimes all the time and are found not responsbile. I am not saying what I think my personal opinion is about his involvement but you can't let it get personal. I just don't think you can suspend someone based on an accusation.

just my two cents

3. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

I agree, but Goodell imposed a suspension on Jones based on accusations. He needs to uphold the standard or release Jones from his suspension.

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I agree 100%. That's what most of us have been saying since Pacman got suspended.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

mstitan...
    even if vick is innocent he should be treated as fairly as pacman was. thats all. you cant go back on what happened now... either pac should get his suspension lifted and recieve "paid-leave" as well or vick should get an immediate suspension

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I have posted to kick out any frigging thug/criminal/druggies from the league. Jones has made his bed now Vick is doing the same

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I agree with you. We are saying the same thing.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

This was the policy in 2000.

Persons Charged With Criminal Activity
    Any Covered Person arrested for or charged with conduct prohibited by this policy will be required to undergo immediate, mandatory clinical evaluation and, if directed, appropriate counseling. Such evaluation and counseling must be performed under the direction and supervision of the NFL Vice President of Player and Employee Development. Failure to cooperate with evaluation and counseling (including being arrested for or charged with additional criminal activity during the evaluation and counseling period) shall itself be conduct detrimental to the National Football League and shall be punishable by fine or suspension at the discretion of the Commissioner.

This is the new policy with stricter guidelines.
    Repeat violations of the personal conduct policy will be dealt with aggressively, including discipline for repeat offenders even when the conduct itself has not yet resulted in a conviction of a crime.

Just for you Riverman.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Believe me when I tell you I am thoroughly aware of the old and new policy. That is why I have been so concerned with the unprecedented nature of Goodell's issuing a suspension based only on allegations rather a proven conviction.

Thank you for the policy definitions. I'd like to see the source for the entire comparison between the old and new policy. Can you also please provide the link(s)?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Additionally, we are not debating the policy except that the changes are unprecedented. We are debating the consistent administration of the policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar