League Conduct Policy Appears Arbitrary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Time for this guy to go.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

It's been time for him to go for a long time. You know when you get booed at every appearance you're doing something wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's like a parent who has multiple kids. The oldest child had it the worst when it came to discipline. The middle child got slightly less severe punishment for the same mistakes as the oldest. The youngest got off scot-free because the parents just lost zeal.

Source: I'm the oldest and it sucked.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Watch kendall wright gets a jaywalkin ticket after goodell reads this and gets banned

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm pretty shocked that Ray Rice essentially rec's a sad face sticker on his report card for fist-hammering his girl's face.

People will apply that tired "we're getting soft / too politically correct" meme to this - but IMO if you want to be all "man" about thing then show some friggin responsibility and shut this bully down good and proper rather than a baby-like wrist slap.

I hate so much about today's NFL. I think they see FIFA international arse-holeism as the business model they covet. The closer it gets to that the less I watch football..

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

my parents did the complete opposite. i'm the youngest so "i should of known better" or "they learned from their mistakes"

i got punished even worse, and on top of that they refused to help me out with buying a car, insurance or anything else cause my older brothers "took it for granted"

different strokes for different folks though.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Is this the oldest unlocked thread?

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That is only a fair assessment of the situation if you put your blinders on and try to compare the "crime vs punishment" as an apples to apples comparison. That isn't fair.

I've seen reiterations of the same comment since this thing started. "Beat a woman and get 3 games. Smoke some weed and get a full season. Blah blah not right..."

The reasoning here is very simple: Substance abuse punishment is neatly outlined in the agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA. If the punishment is steep, it doesn't matter. It is a binding agreement.

Domestic abuse, on the other hand, is NOT outlined. So, in other words, you are asking Goodell to punish a guy steeply who has been cleared of all charges by the accuser and a court of law.

Personally, I don't think Goodell should have suspended Rice at all. What right does he have to be judge, jury, and executioner when the law of the land says he is not guilty? The "tarnishing the shield" excuse is just nonsense and complete rubbish. Just an excuse for the NFL to extend its authority.

Nonetheless, we need to stop comparing crime punishments to substance abuse punishments. They are coming from different stratospheres.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

GArnish the shield lolz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar