League Conduct Policy Appears Arbitrary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 22, 2007.

1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The NFL’s new player conduct player policy is quite laudable in its ideals but has become quite laughable regarding the consistency of its application. Initially unveiled on our own Pacman Jones and the Bengals’ Chris Henry, the policy was championed by Goodell as a means to “protect the shield” and maintain the integrity of the league, its players and its fans. Recent league statements and dispositions regarding Mike Vick and Joey Porter have demonstrated gross inconsistency in the administration of the policy.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:applause: Riverman!!!
  3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I concur! Great job Riverman!
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:biglaugh:
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

We all knew it'd happen. Needs to be pointed out more though.
  6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Camp Fodder

Unfair? Yes. Surprising? No.

Does this piss me off? You bet ya. :boom:
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so far, Goddell is making a mockery of his authority with inconsistency
    the bright side to this is that it gives Jones and co. ammunition to set up another grievance
    what irks me the most is that the league has suggested Vick take a PAID leave of absence ...WTF is that ?!?!? "A league source tells us that Falcons owner Arthur Blank and G.M. Rick McKay are pushing for a paid leave of absence for embattled quarterback Mike Vick, but that Vick doesn't want to do it."
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I heard on Sirius NFL that Vick intends to dig his heels in and force the issue by refusing to take a paid leave of abscence. This may have been offered as a solution for Bud to do for Pacman- but we know Bud will hold a dollar til it cries.

This issue seems to be getting more attention. This is a good read on the subject.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/spin/story/10260807
  9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I think people with silly "street names" should receive federal indictments.

"Ookie?"

Who would ever think that is a cool thing to be called?
  10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

If the Nashville media would get off their hands and stop being scared to speak out on this then maybe we would see a lot more action towards making the policy fair so that players get harsher penalties or the penalty handed down to Pacman gets reduced...