Le Tour starts July 5th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Big TT, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No, never have tried it. Seems sort of...I don't know...clown like to me. No offense intended to clowns.

2. Big TT

I have wrecked dozens of times over the years...been hit once. Truthfully, I am never in what would be considered a city....I ride on back county roads and rarely have a problem with motorists...most give you plenty of room. Of course sometimes you have a jerk but what can you do. I am much more mellow about it than when I was younger...in my twenties and early thirties if somebody got to close I would give them hell about it if I caught up. Now, I say live and let live...as long as they aren't an ASSHAT about it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

people just aren't looking for bikes

dont make it right but its true

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Even if you're not going for the GC, by the penultimate stage you will be feeling the 3 weeks of riding, so great TT riders like Cancellara and Martin might not be able to compete with the GC riders.
    If you look at the last couple of years, Cancellar and Martin would dominate early TTs, but by the third week GC riders would beat them. Just look at Stage 17 last year.

Edit: ok, I just saw stage 17 was a mountain TT, so stage 19 from 2012 is a better example.

5. Big TT

Stage 8-We begin the mountains....
    Today Blel Kadri won alone in driving rain in the tour's first Mountain stage. Alberto Contrado managed to finish 2nd out kicking Tour leader Vincenzo Nibali at the line to take back 3 seconds. Nabali still leads the tour. Contrador will have to take out more time than that on mountain top finishes to have a chance in the TT the next to the last day of the tour.

Our hero, Kevin Reza finished in 127th place today and sits 41 minutes and 31 seconds behind the leader overall.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Is big tt big time trial

7. Big TT

I like to think I can suffer...did finish 3rd in the State "Merckx" division last month. I can also climb a little.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I always suffer but that doesn't make me fast. Contador out so Nibali, Porte, Valverde now. It would be a great year for a darkhorse to get a time gap and hold on. Big TT come up to the Smokies and I can show you some good routes to improve your climbing.

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Cancellara won stage 19 ITT in 2010 and with Schleck 12 mins. down Cans doesn't need to work that hard since the GC is out of sight and the best Trek can do is probably a stage win and this may be the best chance for this year.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

A broken shin for Contador, yet he tried to continue. Cyclists aren't whiners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar