Le Tour starts July 5th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Big TT, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree....several stories about the frame going around. I have seen frames broken during crashes on a couple of occasions, happened to me once. But I could easily see the "offical" story of it being ran over during the hectic moments after the crash. It is Nabali's tour to lose...but I still think Porte can have a say if he gets a little luck along the way....he is a better TT guy than Nabali.
  2. Smash

Smash Soccer God

The frame didn't break. His primary biked was damaged after the crash, gear shifters and the steer was messed up. The frame wasn't broken. He changed to Roche's bike, so he could continue until his spare bike arrived. But the spare bike fell of the roof and then the downtube broke.

Source (in danish):
    http://tour2014.tv2.dk/2014-07-15-ny-drejning-den-sande-forklaring-bag-contadors-styrt

Anyways, it's bad publicity for Specialized.
  3. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I have seen this report but there are conflicting stories also.It just makes you wonder a bit.
    TT I agree Porte is not out. He has been burning himself up for Froome and others the last couple of years and it will interesting too see how he fares with others pulling for him. The only thing I may wonder about is his consistency. Tomorrow we will see if he can gap the Yellow jersey.
  4. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

TOUR is done. Nibali crushes it on the first true mountain stage.
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

I thought that thing went on for like a month?
  6. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Oh, it is still going on. Another week or so....but Nibali attacked on the first "true" mountain stage and took time out of everyone....it is a race for 2nd now...unless he crashes out or something....and it has been a weird tour in that respect.
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

It'd be so much faster if they just drove.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Nabali crushes the tour. Two frenchmen on the podium. Our hero...Kevin Reza finishes 73rd overall at 3 hours, 8 minutes and 12 seconds behind. He did a very good job as lead out for his sprinter also.
    And lastly American Tejay Van Garderen finished 5th place overall for the second year in a row at 11 minutes and 24 seconds. Tejay lost the bulk of his time on one mountain stage when he had a "bad day".