Le postgame thread: DAL-TEN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Do you think that the team was reading our board last week, and got overconfident? Part of me was wondering about that (the overconfidence, not the reading of our board that is).

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I agree, yes bad game on our part. Give it to dallas for coming ready to play. It's week 2 everyone, we got plenty of games left. It hurts just a bit more since it was our first home game of the season and saw our potential last week.

No fought towards Whiz, our players didn't bring it plain and simple.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

He was injured mostly, but his play was not that bad.

Your logic is off as always....Locker's performance had nothing to do with the Dallas defense. He simply sucked. He just needs to quit over - or under throwing open receivers.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No. It is a combination of the same things which have been too common around here the last few seasons with the quality of players on the field being the biggest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm not ready to turn on Jake just yet, but if that bad play continues I just might sooner rather than later. His biggest problem is that he's such a slow starter. Takes him at a quarter to start going. If we get down early it's all on him in the end and he's not a guy that can do that. If we hold the other team down until he gets going we can stick with the game plan and he's fine. He needs an efficient run game to be effective.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I agree about Jake starting out slowly but that has a lot to do with coaching, offensive philosophy and play calling. When was the last time you can recall this team coming out of the first play of the game and attack aggressively? Never, this team is always conservative coming out of the locker room. Conservative play is the identity of this team, always has been, and that's not changing it seems. This game we threw on the first play, which blew my mind, but overall we all know what to expect when the Titans line up to play that opening snap; run for one yard then either run again for a minimal game or attempt a short pass, inevitably setting up a 3rd and long which we fail on probably 40% of the time.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

So I decided to roll the dice and start Hunter and Locker and sit Brady on my bench. The funny part, it was actually the right decision to start Locker, he got like .3 points more then Brady. Sadly Brady had a chit FF day too even though they killed the viks. Gronk got me a whole 3.2 points too. Rough football week for me all around.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I got a combined 1 point from Hunter, Jamaal Charles, AJ Green and the Dolphins defense. Sat Antonio Gates because of Seattle D. Don't come crying to me about rough FF weekends!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. BeastBC53

BeastBC53 Not your typical Titan homer.

It was our run D combined with the slow start on O that ruined the game. It allowed Dallas to control the game. Our O was actually not bad.

We started slow but look, we had over 300 yards and only has the ball for only 18 min and ran the ball well but couldn't do it a whole lot being down 16. If we would've had the ball for half the game (30 min) we win this game easy. Blame the run D for this one. Not all the offense fault. Although I agree Locker didn't play his best, I don't blame him for this lost.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Lol of all weeks to sit Gates, ouch. I need McCoy to blow up for 33 tonight to have a chance at winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar