LB Woods Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have released LB LeVar Woods who has been struggling with knee and ankle injuries over the last several weeks. The special teams standout will likely file an injury grievance. Woods signed with the Titans in 2006 and prior to that played with the Cardinals and Lions. The release of Woods means the Titans have an open roster spot which some feel could be filled by WR Mike Williams. “We have been in constant communication with (the Titans) since his workout," agent Sean Kiernan said. ”Now it is just a matter of finding out whether Mike will fill that spot. It could, but we don’t have an indication either way right now. We’re hoping to hear (today)."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

With the lack of production we are getting out of our WR corp I would think that we would let some of our younger guys (P Williams or Filani and Early from the practice squad) a shot to see the field instead of bring in someone who isnt producing from another team

3. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

Filani isn't on our practice squad (I believe the Vikes signed him to theirs after we cut him). Besides, I don't see any room for any more WRs that won't make a difference on the roster right now (MWilliams).

I'm thinking the move is to make room for Ganther again. Lendale White is questionable and CHenry's availability is also not certain.

... or maybe Haynesworth is hurt more seriously than everyone is leading us to believe, :eek: and we're making room for another DT.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

Its room to sign Ricky Williams :eh?:

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

might as well sign Ester Williams. At least she could hold her breath a long time, hey it just might come in handy.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Speak not of the possibility!!!! :wack:

:grrhee:

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I believe Vince and Justin Gage are developing a little chemistry plus, Bo Scaife still another favorite target. I just hope our wide receivers explote soon before it's too late and we go down! :flush:

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would rather have Kerry Collins playing QB and Vince in the slot. Then we'll see that his athleticism is over-rated, and it's a lot different when you have a running start playing QB.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

If you want to see Kerry collins at QB watch tape of the first 5 games last season and prentend it's the next five games. They'd probably look pretty much the same

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yeah, because he knew a whole lot of the offense didn't he? His first 5 games last year with 1 week of practice have been as successful as Vince's whole year with extra practice with his recievers in Houston. It just goes to show you, some players are better players when they know nothing, some aren't. Vince is the former, Kerry the latter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar