LB McCarthy recovering from ankle surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Would love to see Minter, but he's probably a luxury the team can't afford. Bigger needs to address (OG, DE and maybe CB) in the first two rounds.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd pass, only for one reason... my favorite ILB (AJ KLEIN) should be available with our 3rd comp. It's great value, but I think we risk it on McCarthy one more year. Draft a 3rd round ILB as a backup, now we have two capable backup LBs (include Fokou).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

I'm on the same boat. However, say DEs: Ansah, Werner, Datone Jones, Tank, Hunt, and Moore & CBs: Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, Banks, and Taylor are all off the board; plus we went OG @ #10... do we then go Minter?

Or, do we reach on a CB like Amerson/Slay or DE like Montgomery/Okafor. Perhaps a WR?

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We need to take a WR in the first three rounds.. I'd love Hunter if he drops to the 2nd, maybe even Woods with our 2nd. The WR class is really deep this year, we can find decent talent in the 3rd.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Yeah I think we really need to look at WR in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

i like the Swope kid (maybe not ideal height} , he seems tough.

7. xpmar9x

He would be perfect in the slot. Potential of having Kendall/Kenny on the outside & Swope in the slot.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

KW is not a wide receiver though.. he will primarily play slot his entire career.. those small 5"10, small hand guys just don't make good outside receivers. Unless KW is the next coming of Steve Smith, he has to stay inside. So yeah, we drafted a slot receiver in the 1st round.. woo.

9. xpmar9x

He's playing outside next year... so here's to hoping for Steve Smith Jr. :beerbang:

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

KW is playing outside from now on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar