LB Brad Jones visiting Titans on Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Do you even work? Your on this site 99% of the day.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats not true. Im on here 25% of the day

And have you ever heard of Tapatalk?

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Ha doesn't matter if its tapatalk or using a computer

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

A Packer that I like and actually think is good. That is very rare for me. Hope we get this guy.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I just wanna hear what all the chumps who went out and got mccarthy jerseys three weeks in think

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So we're just done with the Gerald McGrath project huh??? I didn't think he was that bad. Also, I thought we brought in Fokou to be a MLB. Isn't this Brad Jones guy a MLB too? Don't we need some OLB's in case ZB or Ayers go down?

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'll stir the pot...If we sign Jones then it means we have brought in 2 guys who played MLBer in a 3-4 defense. We also have added a HUGE NT type in Hill. We are sitting 10th in the draft and their are 3 really good guys who are perfect to be rush OLBers in the 3-4 (Jones/Mingo/Jordan).
    Ayers is best suited to be an OLBer in a 3-4. Not saying we are going to move to a 3-4 because that is not what Williams runs, but we might have the personnel to run a hybrid style defense.

8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Remember Wimbley used to play 3-4 OLB as well. So then you would need another 3-4 DE to play a true hybrid system.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's intriguing but no one really runs just a base set anymore. Jerry Gray has said before he wants to run a mixture/hybrid of both the 43 and 34 so that's not very surprising. Also Williams likes to rotate players a lot and shows a lot of different fronts. All this proves is that it took the seat to get really hot for any of these coaches to start delivering on their promises when they first started here. Also, we needed desperate help at LB. One guy as insurance for McCarthy and another for everyone else. I think we're also overrating Fokou a bit, he's a solid back up, not sure if he could ever be a good starter.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

McRath looked promising for a while but fell off the face of the earth after he got caught with steroids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar