Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ok...this may need to be on the "Gear" forum, but isn't very "techie". We need a new push mower. Small yard. This time around instead of buying another cheap MTD mower, I want to spend more and get a good one. Been looking at the Toro's and Hondas at Home Depot. We mulch almost all the time. Don't really want self-propelled but seems that all that is offered anymore, so want the "easiest" self propelled...don't want to feel like I am chasing the mower. So any advice on brands or anything else would be great.

Advise away!!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hear there's an old dude that stands off the Spring Hill exit of 65 (W) that sells rebuilt/fixers mowers both riding and push for next to nothing.. Might be able to get what you want for $50 if you don't mind used gear...

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Get you a John Deere.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

don't bother with a premium brand... head to WAL-MART and get yourself a Murray. They have Briggs & Stratton engines and are priced cheap. Ultra reliable and will run fine just as long and they are not abused. Why pay four, five, or even six hundred dollars for a Honda when you could buy a Murray for $150? That's what I did and I'm entering my third season with my current mower and I don't have the slightest bit of trouble out of it.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Can't do a Murray. Everyone I have had has fallen apart. Engine works, but wheels fall off, handle a problem. They could be better now, but the 3-4 I've had and dealt with has soured me on them. But maybe I've just had bad luck with them.

And the cow? I'm thinking the Home Owners Association will frown upon that....

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've owned Murray and highly recommend them... NOT! Mine was garbage.

I got a little mulching mower from Sears about 12 years ago and it still cranks on the first couple of pulls. I'm on my fourth blade and it just keeps going despite me not changing the oil but once a season.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I've got a Toro(model20064),had it for about 3 years and have had no problems with it. Starts on the first pull all the time and has the perfect pace so your not chasing the dam thing all around the yard. Good size bag and for a lawn mower its really not that loud,spent about 270 for it at home depot.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Yeah...kind of leaning towards a Toro, but always viewed Honda mowers as the end all. I do like Toro's personal pace system...makes sense...

10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

You can't go wrong with the engine as long as it's a Briggs & Stratton 3.5 hp. I wouldn't have anything else in a small push mower. Reliable and easy to get parts and easy to work on for the routine maintenance.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar