Lavelle Hawkins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Re Hawkins' preseason heroics..

Wasn't biren ealy a hall of fame preseason WR?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, trust me when I say I didn't do it to :makefun2: or :crazy: or :flush: or :monkey: around with you, either.

You're the Robiskie expert in that you've seen most of the games. I didn't mean it as you're just hatin' on the guy. I don't watch Ohio State (my brother goes there now, and I still don't), so I'm balancing your years of seeing him play versus my getting sucked into the hype machine. That's all. But no one had Royal or Hawkins as higher than a 3rd-4th round pick before the Senior Bowl. After, both became 2nd round considerations, the buzz said, but the Hawkins ran and fell back down.

The receivers who consistently do the best are just guys to watch throughout the whole process. That's really my current fascination with Robiskie and where he lands. Not all that concerned if we draft him or who does, and the chances we do either way are pretty slim and none, IMO. And it could be he knows how to practice great, but gets the quakes, the jitters, the hachis, the hoocheys (or has some snootchy-bootchies), I dunno. Not clutch, I get it. But could develop as a player. Offhand, he sounds like a third round talent who is just working his tail off.

If he did that all the time, I'd definitely be interested.

Let me ask you this: would you give him a shot over Chris Davis or Paul Williams?

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who Hawkins or Robiskie? Obviously I'd rather have either starting for us over those two do nothings if that's what your implying.

The problem with Robiskie is this. OSU had a nice little strand of great college receivers in a row. Jenkins, Holmes and Ginn to name a few and Robiskie who was our #1 never played like it, he reminded me more of Drew Carter who was like a #2 for us and was drafted to be that. Now Robiskie made some nice plays and he could be a decent #3 or #2 guy, he just doesn't make enough plays and drops too many passes for my taste. He really reminds me of Brandon Jones only a better route runner.

4. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

I think that Lavelle Hawkins shows good potential to become a decent WR in the NFL. He did not get as much playing time as many of us would have hoped to have seen this year because he was young, and was still learning the playbook. When he was in he did show glimpses of a solid reciever. If you look back to alot of different recievers it takes time for them to blossom and show their full potential.. We talk about how we haven't had a great reciever here since D. Mason well if you look back it took Derrick almost three seasons to fully establish a name for himself in this organization. It took players like Wes Welker, Bernard Berrian, Donald Driver two to three seasons before they accumulated starting recievers numbers.. Its a little to early to declare him with the rest of the guys from years past.... I think he'll be a solid #3 this year if we don't pick up another reciever later on this offseason.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

God, Phil Collins sucks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My goodness how lame.

I would hope a WR drafted in the 4th rd would have a nice highlight video or 2. If we judged Wrs by their highlights in college joel filani looked like a monster in his and his stats were much better. What's the point?

Did a poster honestly infer that it was not realistic for a cal berkley WR to learn a playbook? It's his job! He gets PAID to do that!

Yes there are a few Wrs who did nothing for 2-3 years before evolving into stars. So? All that proves is that it is possible for that to happen but what about the 100 WRs who did little early in their careers and never became players? And what makes hawkins so special compared to our 2 other Wr draft picks who have done nothing in their careers here?

Maybe paul williams is a budding bernard berrian? Davis a future mason.

Just because there are late bloomers doesn't mean hawkins will necessarily be one of them and let's remember that many late bloomers play their best ball for sombody other than the team that drafted them. What good would that be to us?

7. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

Derrick Mason played his best ball for us since going to Baltimore he's been somewhat plagued by injuries... And by no means am I saying that he will make it big and become the next big thing.. but I believe thats its still a little too early to make references about him being a college showoff turning into a NFL suckfest!! I agree that odds are strongly against him!

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea and I'm not sure Filani still isn't better than Paul Williams or Davis.

http://video.google.com/videosearch...=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=filani+&hl=en&emb=0

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is why Youtube is evil. It made Paul Williams look like a pro-bowler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar