Lavelle Hawkins Request

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's been a lot of back and forth on whether or not Lavelle Hawkins is worth keeping. I personally think he could be real good if given the opportunity. With Kenny Britt out, last week vs the Browns was his first shot at living up to the expectations some of us have of him.

The play I'm hoping someone can help make a video of came in the 2nd quarter on a 3rd & 4 with 10:30 to go before the half. Hasselbeck found Hawkins short over the middle for what looked like a 4-yard gain, but then Hawkins does what I know he could do, and broke free and gained another 16-yards putting us in field goal range.

IMO that was one of this weekends better plays, but being that he's a Titan, no one will ever get to see the highlight.

So can any of you guys out there help me out with this?

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I have the game on my computer So I can get that clip but I don't know how to make a gif or anything if thats what you're asking.

3. JCBRAVE

I'd just like the play put on YouTube if that's not too much to ask for. It's hard to talk up Hawkins because there's so little media of him out there for us. Hard to argue a guy is worth keeping if no one can remember a single play of his. Only thing I seem to be able to find is this play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HPBUKYrYOrA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the crazy thing is; every freaking play he makes comes on 3rd down! This guy deserves some recognition!

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 8
  5. JCBRAVE

Thank YOU Obie09!

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree, I like Hawkins and have paid special attention to him since he was drafted because we took him with the pick we got for Pac Man Jones.

I think he did a descent job Sunday, but he can't keep dropping passes like he did. He needs to work with Ragone on how to extend his arms and not catch the ball with his chest. But that's a fundamentals issue that could quickly be remedied.

7. JCBRAVE

I don't think receivers coach Dave Ragone knows much about cradling the ball in, he was a QB who mainly knows the assignments and timing of WR's.

Hawkins just needs to talk to Nate about how to catch, they're both very similar in style. BUT Hawkins has made some difficult catches. Most the time he's covered up and break free just in time for the throw not to be intercepted.

8. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

I've always been a Hawkins supporter and he seem's to make the most of the few opportunities he gets

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

If he made the most of his opportunities this past Sunday, he wouldn't have dropped a couple passes and stalled a drive or two.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

So who teaches/fixes the techniques of catching with our wr's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar