Lattimore v Foster -- Draft Ward Rd. 2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 19, 2017.

?
  1. Marshawn Lattimore

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Ruben Foster

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Tough call but I went with Lattimore

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Both are amazingly talented players with big concerns.

I don't feel I have the necessary information on lattimore. I would want to talk to doctors. Have him be looked at by our doctors.

If I think he's healthy he is a top five pick in this draft and we're lucky if he falls to five.

Foster is looking more and more like kind of a prima Dona doosh. No way at five. 18? Sure. I'll roll those dice.

3. tOSU Titan

tOSU Titan Starter

SEC buttf***ers keeping this one close.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Really tough choice. Giving edge to latt if jrob stays at 5.Both would fill big needs on d, but cb is first priority on d i think.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

What other cb's are on Lattimore's level? Yes we can get a solid cb at 18 or beyond and it is deep, but we don't have a lot of guys who you can plug and play and think that's our #1 guy.

While Foster is a great player, his run instincts are a touch slow and he's small. That doesn't hurt when he's surrounded by awesome talent, but it may hurt him in the NFL if he's not really protected. One could argue we can get a Foster-esque player in Davis or Cunningham or Reddick though they are different players and have different strengths and weaknesses. Can we get a Lattimore-esque cb at 18?

6. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

people are really overblowing the foster off the field crap

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There is some talk that both Davis and Reddick could go before Foster. If true, he'll definitely be available at 18. I also wonder who has Cunningham where. People seem to have quite a range for him. Question is, are any of them who have him high, in need of an ILB. LB and CB may take the place in round 1 of some OL normally taken. At any rate, a lot of talent with be available at 18 and get pushed into round 2...especially if we end up with 3-5 QB's going in round 1 (a few may go at the end of round 1).

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agree that in a 3-4 zone blitz D, the LB unit is the corner stone. But our LB unit is very solid (which can always be improved) but our secondary has glaring holes which nullifies a lot of the strength of the D vs the pass. If you don't fix those holes, you will constantly have problems trying to stop or slow down Brady, Matty-Ice, etc.

And we didn't exactly play a typical 3-4 zone blitz scheme considering we played a ton of man! So...if both players are equal, take the cb. And you can argue Lattimore's hamstrings drop him...but if he stays healthy, isn't he the best cb in the draft and a better player in the NFL than Foster? Lattimore has NFL size, speed, athleticism and tape. Foster is small (height and weight) and has some issues on and off the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was unsure of who I preferred, but you convinced me to go with latt

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Sorry Gut, but I could argue the exact opposite.

What other ilb is on Foster's level? We could get a solid ilb at 18 or beyond, but Foster would be plug and play from day one.

While Lattimore is a great player, he is inexperienced and will struggle against NFL receivers since he didn't face many in college. His weaknesses were cloaked by being surrounded by awesome talent. You don't think Conley and Hooker helped him out? One could argue we could get a Lattimore-esque player in Conley, King, or Humphrey.

There's more tape on Foster and it is outstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar