Late start times

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I was curious if you guys find it harder, or less convenient, to watch the games when they aren't scheduled at noon (Central)? This will be the 3rd game in a row starting at 3:00 or later and to me it just seems like the worst time to start a game. You can't get much done in the afternoon because it starts in the middle of the afternoon, and it ends too late to really get much done at night.

I also thought the reason for rescheduling the games at 3:00 was so the best matchups could be highlighted so fans of other teams, who play at noon, could still watch. I don't think any of these last few games meet that criteria.

Going into this year I had not failed to watch a Titans game live in 8 years, now for the 3rd time in 3 weeks I have commitments that I can't get out of cause the times of the games was changed.

Anyone else have this problem?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

honestly, no.

thats because I've gone to watching other games this year or picking up OT.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm fine with it either way.

Personally I like the late start better because it means I can go out and get hammered Saturday night and not have to worry about feeling like absolute ass when I get up for our game. I like sleeping in.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I prefer the 1 PM games.. get some work done early, grill a nice lunch, and then I have the rest of the day to get stuff done. 4 PM is my least favorite, right in the middle of the day.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The game tonight starts at 10.25 pm local time. It's a tad too late, like the 7 pm games a lot better.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Late games suck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

If I was in Nashville for the game and tailgating I'd prefer a late start.

Tough to get properly liquored up by noon and still feel okay about you life.

Have to get up early, skip church, eat breakfast and get a good buzz all before 12?

No thank you. 3:25 PM for me.

8. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

1pm EST games please! So boring watching the other games. Plus, my fiancé always wants to do something around 4. I hate 4 o'clock games!

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

It's extremely difficult for me. I'm on Eastern... so the game usually isn't over until close to 7 - it seems.

I cook the dinner and, typically, use my daughter's naptime to sneak away to watch a game at 1, here. It's over when she wakes up. A late game? She's awake and needs daddy's attention.

Also... hate watching a game when it's dark out - unless it's a Sunday, Monday or, even, a Thursday Night game.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am on eastern time zone too but late games don't bother me, we just adjust dinner at the house from 7pm to 8pm. I also like them better late because I can enjoy the earlier games without being pissed. when we lose at 1pm its hard to watch football after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar