Late links: Jones reaction, Hawkins pledge

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<p><em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em></p> <p>Gene Smith talked about <a href="http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2009-03-16/story/matt_jones_released_from_the_jaguars" target="_blank">responsibility and accountability</a> in discussing the Jaguars' release of receiver Matt Jones with Vito Stellino.</p> <p>Gene Frenette says the move shows the Jaguars are serious about their <a href="http://www.jacksonville.com/interact/blog/gene_frenette/2009-03-16/cutting_jones_shows_character_counts_in_new_jaguars_regime" target="_blank">new emphasis</a> on character.</p> <p>Lavelle Hawkins is pledging to be a lot <a href="http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090316/SPORTS01/90316031/1027" target="_blank">more ready</a> in his second season, writes Gary Estwick. I think the Titans coaches want to see it, not hear about it.</p>

More...

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

The article on Hawkins says he struggled as a rookie. I didn't think he even got to play enough to really struggle. Did I miss something?

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

If we dont sign Holt he has no choice but to step up....

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. The FO might pull a year like they did a few years ago... throw 3 or more picks at a position, hoping 1 develops into a good reciever. They have no problem letting people who should be cut, or play, rot on the bench from what I've seen.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm tired of waiting 3 years for a WR to develop, only to release him

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I pledge to be a lot more ready in 09 myself...

A lot more ready to see The Titans win a Super Bowl that is!

7. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

I hate the draft three at a position and hope one turns out approach, especially at WR. Especially in our offense they won't have enough relevant reps to properly develop. OT and DE play and are involved in every play. The same is not true for #3 receivers.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There was word he wasn't grasping the playbook or something along those lines.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm not a player so i wouldnt know the situation as far as learning an NFL playbook but the Titans dont run alot of razzle dazzle for an offense. Its not like there lining up in 5 wide or running a shotgun spread so i cant see how complex it can be but then again i could be wrong. I'm just tired of our WR's having some type of setback,why cant they draft a guy who can make a dam play. I understand it takes time but we havent hit the jackpot since Mason,you would think they have to get lucky at some point...

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree. It's partially our drafting strategy toward receivers (late round picks, cross your fingers) and partially the fact that wide receiver is probably the hardest position to learn. You gotta think, they have to run a different route on every play...that could get a little confusing. RB is essentially either run left, run right, run strait, or block. Receivers have a ton of things they could be doing on any give play, even if the ball never comes anywhere near them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar