Late links: Deep thoughts on VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you must be from BanVYBashers.com aka Titans.com/forums

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Kick the guy when he is down..... The guy put himself down... That is the point. VY is responsible for this and it is ridiculous to start trying to make any excuses. The link I provided was a link from a piece written right after VY's in the first game last year. Was that guy a hater? The point about him being half the man Collin's is has nothing to do with his male member or whatever you think it means. What it means is when you are down you fight like heck to get back up. Collins didn't go into the season expecting to be anything but a backup yet he worked hard, got in the best shape of his life and ended up leading the team to a 13-2 record (last game doesn't count) and on top of that Collins had one of his best game in the playoffs. All that time Collins could have gone down with injury just like VY did but anyone with half a brain and any ability to make objective observations really believe VY gave a crap about the team and was ready to come in if needed? In the final game of the regular season VY knew he would be playing significant minutes and did he get fired up and go out there and prove he is a viable NFL QB? Heck no he played like someone who has never played football their whole life. Again, this wuss gets paid very nicely to sit on the sideline listening to music and picking his boogers. I'm sorry you don't think there is something wrong with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UZCrO8gqU

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Do you think KFC smelled blood in the water after the playoff loss last year? Is that why he worked so hard and got in the best shape of his life last offseason? Did he think there was a better to good chance VY would self-destruct? Things that make ya go hmmm....

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Meanwhile let's focus on the important stuff here......

[​IMG]

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah God forbid he wants to have some money if his career doesn't pan out. What an idiot for planning his future.

I bet no one here has money saved.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Good luck to him but I have no interest in Vince's sausage.

Is it wise to investment in something tied to your name when your stock is currently at rock bottom.Where's is market outside of Texas?

Seems like an odd thing to promote IMO.It's also just begging to be ridiculed.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

As someone who believes VY is a terrible QB, I have never bashed him for anything off the field..nor have I any player. It shouldn't matter what kind of moral life someone leads outside of their work - as long as they are doing a good job for whatever they are being paid to do.

With that said, VY is far from accurately being described as being worth the $ he is being paid. If someone feels he's been a bargain thus far for his team simply can't have an understanding of the QB position, or has too much emotion in VY being successful and is putting that above and beyond the success of this team.

If there is any spot VY can succeed, it is in the one he is currently in - as an underdog with zero expectations. Historically, an NFL team needs a very efficient or play making QB on the roster to win a Super Bowl. So far, VY has convincingly showed us he is not that guy. Maybe that can change, I hope it does, but I don't think it will based on the tools he has and the tools it takes to be good in this league.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Where in that post am i bashing VY? I was just implying that this forum doesnt need another thread about VY. Read,think,post. I know that might be hard for you to do but maybe if you did those things before you post, you might actually sound like you know what your talking about.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Then you obviously do care. It's his life, let him do what he wants it doesn't affect football in any way that his face and name is on a meat product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar