Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Crumpler was a big part of the reason we had so much success running.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Where did I say "cheap," exactly? If I was hurt by these remarks, that would be libel, wouldn't it? :irked::ha:

Well, I presume you mean more like "quote-unquote" or "according to Hoyle" rather than quoting me. Don't blame me with all the "You misquoted me"s and "Where did I say"s flying around. Just being cautious.

Anyway, reasonable value, I agree. I look at it like taking your $3M Scaife and upsizing it to a $4M Gonzalez.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yep. And for those complaining of the lack of pass production created by Crumpler, I wonder if his knees weren't as advertised and the blocking was simply the best role for him. I was honestly surprised at the salary we got him for. Either this is his role, that and impart some wisdom like he did with Bo this year and was with Vince, or he's going to take two full years and we may see some improvement this upcoming season regarding pass-catching.

Anyway, I think the strategy was as much to protect and maximize Crumpler's value for this season. "Put the wear on Scaife. He might be leaving, besides." Makes sense.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Crump doesn't call the plays man. Just about any run that CJ took to the strong side and hit the corner is because of Crump's ability to put his big body between CJ and the D.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I do. He'll have fresh legs on every carry, a change of pace back to keep the defense honest, and it will probably extend his career by at least a season or two. I'm pretty sure that more and more backs are buying into the 2-back scheme for those very reasons. It's clear to me that the NFL has taken a liking to that sort of system (Dallas with Juluis Jones and Marion Barber, the Giants, TITANS BABY, Carolina, Arizona, Jacksonvill, etc...). I doubt we make a move for LJ though, after all, he is an offensive player with a decent history and better potential which typically means the Titans aren't interested.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i haven't seen anything to suggest that larry johnson wants to share carries with anyone. he was miserable when priest holmes was the lead back in KC and frankly just comes off as a selfish dude.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not only is he not that great of a running back (way too much mileage on those tires, despite the fact that he isn't too old), he's a crappy guy and he is a huge threat to disrupt the locker room or get suspended.

Hell. No.

I have complete faith that no one in the front office is stupid enough to bring him in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

So we brought Crump in here just because hes a big body and can block? Alge is a a solid blocker dont get me wrong but if were not going to utilize his other abilities then i think we should let him go. That same argument that your making with Alge helping CJ this year i could make with Hartsock helping LW last year. I realize that Alge doesnt call the plays but their has to be a reason why we didnt go to him more often,their was a stretch during the season where he just disappeared. Scaife is younger,more athletic and his blocking is just as good as Crump so it seems like a no brainer to me as far as who to keep IMO.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Larry Johnson just seems like a Rb the Broncos would go after.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The plug n play era is likely over in Denver..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar