Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I just saw on NFL Network that Larry Johnson wants out of KC this off season. In fact, he wants a clean break, meaning that KC could just cut him off and be done with it.

We have two very capable running backs. Lendale is good and all, but if we were to pick up LJ then we would have BY FAR the most outstanding running back duo in the NFL with LJ and CJ, LW being there for situational use. Opinions? I say go for Gonzalez and LJ if the Chiefs are willing to part with both...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LJ is has one foot in jail already. Do we need more of that now?
    Yes to Gonzalez (for cheap)

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I believe LJ still has it - he fell victim to bad timing in KC. I'd love to see our Smokey & the Bandit tandem transformed into a legitimate smash & dash in LJ & CJ.

No one could handle our Johnsons :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

larry johnson is done. whenever a running back gets between 380 and 400 carries they are never the same.

jamal lewis had 2066 yards on 383 carries then 1006 yards.

eddie george had 1509 yards on 403 carries then 939 yards.

ricky williams had two seasons in a row with over 380 carries and then semi-retired.

jamal anderson went from 1865 yards on 410 carries to 1002 yards.

larry johnson had 417 carries for 1789 yards and hasn't sniffed 1000 yards the last two years.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I agree. I'd still rather have LW at this point.

You can blame that one on the league's stupid *** anti-pot policy, not RW's talent.

As for Gonz, he'd be a great acquisition but we'd have to get rid of one of our other TEs. And sorry, but I like Algernon and Bo too much to give one of them up.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That, my friend, is absurd.

7. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Larry Johnson doesn't have to be a 1000 yard back that is what we have Chris Johnson for we need a decent running back who can step up if Chris Johnson has to go out. I am not saying it has to be Larry but I don't like LenDale right now

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Sounds like my fantasy team... I started off with the "LT & J" train, then it became CJ-LJ combo. I finished with LT&CJ as my starters. BTW... I finished in 8th place :(

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Also, no way KC cuts LJ for nothing in return. As the bengals proved, a contract's a contract, and players need to deal with it once they've gotten their payday.

No way we could get TG for cheap anything, either trade or contract.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

the notion that LJ is NOT past his prime and can be more effective than LW, is absurd.
    Besides, LJ won't be able to do Jack Schitt if he's in jail.
    LenDale may eat a lot, but he knows how to stay out of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar