Laron Landry - How high?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He would be a great fit for us. If we win a few games and end up picking in the bottom half of the top 10, I could easily see him being our 1st round pick. How high would you take him? Is top 5 out of the question?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i havent been very impressed. i dont know if there are any defensive guys worth taking in the top five or top eight this year. maybe alan branch, dt from michigan.

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I would not touch him in the top 5. I have no doubts that he is going to be a good player in the NFL, but I haven't seen the impact plays from him this year to warrant that high of a pick. I'd probably give him a grade in the 10-15 range.

Gaines Adams will likely be a top 5 player, as he should be, unless he bombs his workouts. I don't get why people say he's been inconsistent this year. I've watched him for the majority of the season and he's been very productive.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I like Gaines Adams. I've watched Landry a few times and he hasn't impressed me at all. One player that will be a stud is Patrick Willis. I know we don't need a MLB right now with Tulloch showing promise, but if he drops to the 2nd, I'm thinking about taking him anyways.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Dude, we need a MLB in the worst way. Tulloch hasn't shown much of anything. I just don't know about Gaines Adams anymore. From what I've read, scouts are seeing him more as a OLB in a 3-4, a Merrimon type guy. I keep hearing this Branch guy from Michigan is good, but his stats are abismal from what I've seen.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would strongly disagree
    you cant judge a DT by stats.

7. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

He can definately play OLB in a 3-4, but he's not going to be the type that's relegated to one position. He can play 3-4 OLB, and just as effectively play 4-3 DE. It will all be dependant on which type of teams drafts him.

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

calvin johnson!

9. :yes:

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hehehe...

Even in a Laron Landry question we get Calvin Johnson as the answer!!!!

At least you guys are consistent!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar