Large WR pool, but what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTitanGuy

TheTitanGuy Guest

Pacman and Strip Clubs

If the NFL wants Pacman to stay out of strip clubs they are going to have to move their offices farther away from Scores!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When you're on thin ice, and your boss says to not go to clubs/strip clubs, there is something wrong with going to a strip club. Pretty simple.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes thus the poor judgment comment, but it cannot affect his suspension. So it doesn't matter.

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Ok...longshot here. But I think Orr will be starting at WR with Jones...by game 3, possibly as early as game 1.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Our Starters
    1.Brandon Jones
    2.Justin Gage
    3.Paul Williams
    4.Chris Davis
    5.Courtney Roby
    6.Joel Filani

Practice Squad
    1.Jonathon Orr
    2. T. Mccormick

IR
    1.Givens

6. Nash

Nash Starter

outside speed receiver 1. Jones 2. Orr 3. P Williams
    outside possession receiver 4. Gage (or Johnson) 5. Filani
    slot receivers/ punt returner 6. Roby 7. Davis

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like roydell..

Some recent posts have either forgotten him or have him being cut but i don't think there is a single WR on this team except jones who is superior based on what we know.

I don't want gage to start because that means our younger guys didn't impress enough. I want gage to be our last option.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Gage is in the same boat as the other guys, a young WR with something to prove. I really could care less at this point if Gage beats out R. Williams, Roby or Orr for a roster spot but only that whoever stays can be productive.

The Gage signing is kind of perplexing because Gage seems almost exactly what we have already. A guy who physically might show some promise but hasn't done much on the field. The Titans have a way of making WRs look worse instead of better for some reason so I'm not exactly confident a guy who hasn't done squat for another team will suddenly rise up and perform. Bobby Wade had 42 catches one year for the Bears (almost 500 yards) and last year had a decent year for us. Gage had a couple of years for the Bears where he netted over 300 yards so maybe he can be a #3 or #4 guy atleast. He had 31 catches for 346 yards in 2005 which doesn't look real impressive until you realize Orton was the QB that year. Who knows, maybe he can rise up and be a productive player for us. Roby and Williams didn't do squat for us last year (kind of like Gage for the Bears?) but those guys both have 21 catches for almost 300 yards as rookies. Should be an interesting battle for the available WR spots, alot of guys have something to prove for sure.

I know one thing for sure, if Gage, Roby or R. Williams don't significantly out perform these rookies we brought in, considering they are in their 3rd and 5th years (Gage) none of them should be allowed to stay on the roster IMO. I do think at least one of those guys will show enough to make the roster but it certainly remains to be seen if they can show enough to be a viable #2 and #3 WR. I'd rather start two rookies with some upside than guys who are forever going to be below average in production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar