Lane Kiffin dumps UT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Without Lane Kiffin and Urban Meyer, the Big East looks like a tougher conference than a buncha has been coachs and never will be players.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

LOL....I wouldn't go that far.............

3. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Yep, He is bringing his Dad with him.

UT just got thrown into the dirt.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Fisher already announced he wasnt going to USC

but also this thread perhaps seems more proper merged in the other sports section with the other one on the topic....it's really not nfl sorry

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

You seriously believe that? Honestly Lane Kiffin is a tool.

6. Chapparal97

Guess I better lay low for a while and not wear any USC shirts when bopping around town...could be hazardous to my health. :ha::moon2:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he might be a tool, but he's a good coach and a great recruiter.

i'm not a UT fan, but i thought he was going to do great things there.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

or there's also a chance they realize sanctions are coming their way and they want someone who can pull in a whole lot of great athletes (and keep together their current recruiting class, which became wavy upon carroll's departure) before said restrictions come down....maybe help them to weather the storm

9. Chapparal97

Yup. He's a Pete Carroll disciple. He coached there and was OC under Carroll. He was the top recruiter after Chow and Orgeron left. He's very familiar with the Pac-10 and national recruiting process and has coached several current NFL players. His Rah-Rah motivational technique, his youth, his experience and his name will keep recruits signed.....especially with his Dad and Orgeron on the staff.

Remember......NCAA sanctions may soon be on the horizon for UT also.

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

UT's hit hardest by this. There's some word too that all the early entries (which would include the QB Bray, since they dont have one for next season, and the WR from the army all-american game Ambles) are gone or going to be gone as well

but their recruiting class (which was top 10) is going to be left in shambles after not only the head coach leaving 3 weeks before national signing day, but also only one coach being left there out of the entire staff (kippy brown)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar