Landing a Center in FA is key to BPA in the draft...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

There is a big difference between playing OG and C. If the Titans want to cut him go ahead but that means less depth on the OL and sure we'll use an extra pick at that position but the rookies need time to develop. Also, who knows who we'll actually sign in FA.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The difference between guards and centers is the center is responsible for identifying where certain defenders are and making sure the guys next to them know where they need to go. Amano only seemed to call out where the MLB was.

Amano and Harris both seem to have issues vs 3-4 fronts, and I tend to believe they're both idiots cause 3-4 linemen have 2 gaps whereas 4-3 linemen have 1 gap responsibility. Seems to me neither of those two had a clue where to block. Which is also why identifying the MLB isn't enough since there's two of them.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Also snapping the ball. May seem simple but some guys can't snap the ball and be ready to block at the same time. Especially for someone who has played OG since he was drafted.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I thought snapping the ball was too obvious. But yea there's another big difference.

I wonder if Amano simply can't react quick enough snapping between his legs...... Seems to make sense seeing that he is experienced, and strong, but just can't pop back into action quick enough. So moving him back to guard is the easiest solution.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

How about we snag a center in FA and then add Cordy Glenn to play OG next to Stewart. That would make a tremendously physical right side of the OL. Glenn has been extremely dominant this week at the senior bowl practices. The best part about drafting Glenn is that in 2 yrs when Stewarts contract is up Glenn could easily slide over and play RT. I know people hate taking an OL in the 1st rnd, but Glenn looks to be a legitimate 1st rnder who has added value because he can play RT as well.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The easiest and cheapest solution would be to move Amano back to G to replace Scott and sign/draft a new starting C. This way we only need to grab one new OL player instead of 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

although some seem like you think amano would be back to as good as he was before he moved to center...but i wouldnt be opposed as to spending an extra late round pick on depth or even an undrafted free agent as i believe we will sign a free agent to start...so i wouldnt be opposed as cutting amano and give his salary to a player worth paying...

8. Carp

Carp Starter

Hardwick or McClure is who we should target. Both are very good.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think you meant Hardwick. At least I hope you did

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agreed. What if he sucks at guard too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar