Lance Briggs Ask's to Be Traded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Don't bother arguing with TNThunder, in his world all of Bulluck's tackles are made when he get's pancaked by the offensive linemen and the runningbacks trip over him.....

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Question? Why are you hating on one of the best linebackers in the NFL? If the dictionary were to compile pictures that best matched words, "BEST LINEBACKER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL" would be paired up with Keith Bulluck's picture.:yes: Did I already mention that you were a hater?:irked:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I like Keith Bulluck and David Thornton I think they are both Great LB's. But it doesn't matter if your Rey Lewis you need a D-Line to help out maybe stand there take a blocker.

Rey Lewis basically made the Ravens take Ngata last year because he was getting blocked virtually every play. His production dipped. LB's are not great at shedding blockers except for a few. Bulluck is average as well as Thornton but that doesn't mean they are bad the fly around the field making the majority of the tackles our D-Line should make. They have to take on blockers all day because quite frankly our D-Line sucks. Any LB is going to wear down from being blocked all the time.

The best LB's in the league will have a good D-Line on front of them except for KB..........Thornton is close to being a top LB. Keith can't do it himself he needs some help as all LB's do even HOF Rey Lewis.

Rey Lewis and Bart Scott has Ngata, Trevor Price, Kelly Gregg no big names but they are all big and occupy blockers and are underrated IMO.

Urlacher and Briggs have Tank Johnson, Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, Adawale Ogunleye (however you spell it) and even Mark Anderson whohad 10 sacks as a rookie.

Shawn Merriman has Luis Castillo, Jamal Williams, and Jacques Cesaire who is good but relatively unknown to the common fan.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

News flash: linemen weigh more than linebackers. Therefore, it is in the linebacker's best interest to not be blocked in the first place. It is no detriment to the linebacker's skill if he can't shed a block from a man that weighs 50+ lbs more than him. The good linebackers either avoid getting blocked in the first place or create a stalemate with a blocker in their assigned gap.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's a football forum, where we talk about and critique players. Please save the racial term "hating". I have no hate at all for Keith, I just watch his play, and realize he lacks in areas. If you watched more careful, you might see the same, assuming you know anything about football.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you might wanna ease off the sexist comments yourself.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Just curious, why is the term "Hating" racial??????

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You might wanna actually make a comment about football, instead of commenting about other people's posts.......:rolleyes:

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This wouldn't ever happen but I'd trade Briggs for Bulluck.
    In the long term of the organization it would actually be a good move (not sure what the salary CAP implications would be off hand). Briggs is younger and a much better strong side OLB than Thornton. We could move Thornton to the weak side where we wouldn't lose much. We would be stronger against the run instantly. Right now we essentially have two weak side OLBs.
    Bulluck is getting some age on him although I wouldn't say he is declining at all but now would be the best time to trade him if we were going to get some value.

Like I said, it will not happen anyway but in theory it wouldn't be a bad move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar