Lance Briggs Ask's to Be Traded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

According to Y! sports front page as of the time of this post....they report that lance has asked to be traded; now u already think that we have one elite OLB and one good/great OLB so where would he go.

Bulluck aint going anywhere...but personally i think that obviously the bears want a 1st rounder for him...but we could try givin them thorton and perhapd a 3rd rounder....or maybe a 2nd rounder not sure...but i think we should try to get him b/c he is just that good....and still sooo incredibly young.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no, we have Thornton. No point in trading him and a pick just to sign Briggs to a megadeal.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

word. briggs is good, but he's not a need. we dont need to go out and try to get every good player regardless of their position

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It would be money well spent. Bulluck's best years are behind him. This would be a nice start to getting an elite defense again.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bulluck is in the middle of his best years. Sure, he's not a young player, but he's got plenty left in the tank. Briggs is only 3 years younger, and would cost us a huge new deal when we already have great LBs.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think i asked this question earlier, and i suggested moving bulluck, thorton, or even Briggs to MLB, but it got shot down..

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd rather us spend money on Alan Faneca and Alex Brown and Keyshawn.

Won't happen but 2 or atleast one would be nice.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Great linebackers? What team are you watching? We have two unknowns in the middle, Thornton is pretty decent, and Bulluck is past his prime. He plays pretty good coverage, but he is certainly no run stopper. He can't get off blocks, and doesn't like to hit. Other than that he's "great".

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Doesn't like to hit? He was fourth in the league in tackles last year....

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That doesn't mean he stuffs the run, it means he gets in on a lot of tackles, mostly downfield. If ESPN ever shows the Giants game again, just watch his play. He wanted no part of Jacobs. All you have to do is look at how many sweeps and screens were run to his side of the field last year to know he has his problems. Making tackles 10 yards downfield racks up the stats, but doesn't win games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar