Ladainian Tomlinson & Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To mix it up off of Titans talk... what does everyone make of this?

I'm kind of baffled that the Chargers think this guy has just "Eddie George'd". I realize his average was down, but they lost LoNeal and Michael Turner this last offseason. I do think it's time he becomes a 200 carry per year back instead of 300. The guy has had over 300 attempts every season but this last season (only short by 8 carries). So, it's at the point he needs a compliment back.

And I really don't think Sproles can be a fulltime runningback. So what are they planning if they do get rid of LT?

So, what does everyone think? Are these just bs rumors or is there any real chance the Chargers cut/trade LT?

And if so, does that make them dumbasses for not re-signing Michael Turner?

And AJ Smith? How long has he been the GM there? I know the Schottenheimer firing was controversial, so I wonder how this would play out if there is any truth to it. Also reminds me, Archie Manning was so adamant about wanting Eli NOT to play for the Chargers organization. Was AJ around then? If so, maybe Archie knew what he was talking about. I do give credit that I liked the Chambers trade last season, and Vincent Jackson (2nd round pick in 05') brokeout this season.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

RBs burn out quickly these days, especially after injury.
    Alexander, Larry Johnson etc..
    Wouldn't be surprised if they cut him and he goes out in a blaze of mediocrity..

3. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Yeah they blew it.... They should have traded LT and kept Turner.... I have a hard time believing turf toe is responsible for his lack of mobility throughout the year....

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Didn't Terrell Davis only last like 5 or 6 seasons? I like Tomlinson and I hope he makes a strong return.

As for the Chargers, they'll never go to the superbowl with Norv Turner as their head coach.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

One team that i can see him definitley going to if the Chargers are willing to trade him,New England. They have a way of bringing veterans in and making them impact players on that team. I could only imagine what kind of offense the Patriots would have with a healthy Brady,Walker, Moss,and L.T.. Even Cassel started turning the corner at the end of the season..

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think they'd be happy to keep him, just not for superstar money. He won't get the same salary anywhere else either. He's a valuable runningback, but the odds of him ever returning to even close to MVP form are low.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Sproles IS the compliment back

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah but he only had 61 carries in the regular season.

To clarify, LT needs someone to take 100-150 carries a season. In other words, it might be time for LT to be in a running back by committee.

or he could be "done" regardless.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

How does a RB burn out? IMO they are just scared to get hit again.

Dont be like Eddie George, man up and take the hits.

10. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Turf toe, being dinged up, the team not committing to the run as much/ less use the big package formations. I see several "excuses" for LT's mediocre season.
    I wouldn't write him off just yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar