LaBoy Leads Titans in Sacks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though slowing DE Kyle Vanden Bosch and DT Albert Haynesworth remain a concern of opponent offensive lines, another player has emerged as the current sack leader for the Titans. In three games, fourth-year pro DE Travis LaBoy has two sacks with KVB and Haynesworth having one each. If LaBoy maintains his current pace he'll finish with double-digit sacks for the first time in his career. His previous high was 6.5 in 2005. He says he feels faster having dropped his weight from 275 to 260. He also moved to the left side of the DL and is getting half the snaps of previous seasons. "He's fresh now," DC Jim Schwartz said. "He can come in and give you a changeup to the guy that you're seeing."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Mrs. Bipolar

Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

Travis LaBoy is sexy.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So am I.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have read that arrogance is the #1 quality that women look for in men.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't mistake arrogance for truth my good friend. :))

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

most likely written by a 30 year old guy in his mom's basement

humor is also said to be the #1 draw

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Was it really worth a post....I mean 2 sacks?? He hasn't impressed me yet.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

This combo is better (Odom starting, LaBoy coming in to rush the passer), but will it last? Odom bulks up, and it shows in his play....but hasn't he had weight issues before? And then injury issues.

LaBoy does fit the role of situational pass rusher better, but he's not a great pass rusher. And he gets injured a lot too.

I guess I'm just being glass half empty here because I'm waiting for issues again from any other DE not named Kyle Vandenbosch.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

So, what should I wear when he gets initiated into Canton?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah, i agree with the premise that he will be better in this role but come on.... 2 sacks. Let's talk about this at mid season when he has 5-6 sacks and leads the team.

This guy can be very effective in that role and in just three games he has been productive with the sacks and the forced fumble but we have seen him fade in the past with injuries..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar