Labor Agreement Reached/NFL Salary Cap Set at $102 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:) :rotfl:

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

are we winning with McNair??? I think not. He didn't even practice that much last yr. No wonder he couldn't connect with the WR's

one more yr isn't going to make much of a difference except for another high draft pick.

If you want to keep paying dead money resign him :sad2:

3. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

If you think McNair has been the problem the last two years you must not know much about football. Look at what has happened to the team, injuries, salary cap hell, inexperience at NUMEROUS positions. Look at the secondary alone last year, and you can throw in the linebackers (excluding Bulluck). Mc is not the problem, if we put players around him, he can take us where we want to go....

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Team injuries? McNairs been part of that problem with all his injuries.

Salary cap hell? McNairs huge cap # is a part of that hell.

Inexperience? The WR's aren't getting much experience with McNair because he's hurt all the time and seldom practices with them.

I love Steve, but his best days are behind him. Makes no sense to push more dead money into the future with him.
    The future is now, and McNair is the past.
    It was a great past, but still the past.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dont we get a tonne of money from the Dead money by releasing Rolle, Mase etc next year?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

totally agree with you.

Banger21 quit looking through rose colored glasses and look at the future. You will see Mcnair isn't there:brow:

7. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

I will respond to those claims like this.

McNair's injuries: He has played through the injuries, yea he gets hurt, but when the Titans need him, hes there to play. I am talking about two years ago when I speak of injuries, when we had the most games missed due to injuries by players since the early 90's.

McNair's Cap Hit: Hes a franchise quarterback, what do you expect? The quarterback is the most important position on the field and they get paid like it. Hes restructured his contract in the past to help the team out. You really cant complain about that.

WR Inexperience: I dont care if McNair practices with rookie WR's everyday for 10 hours a day. It really doesnt matter, the fact is, they are ROOKIES! Yea practice helps, but haveing Drew Bennett and a group of rookies, isn't what I call surrounding your QB with alot of weapons.

8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

And Volek isnt an answer either. Id much rather have a rookie QB sitting behind McNair for a year or 2 than Billy V.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not really, he's missed quite a few games the past couple years.
    He sat out the biggest part of the end of '04 to come back "in the best shape of his career" to then sit out a good portion of '05.

I expect his career to end without a lot of dead money left after he's gone.

It doesn't matter? Are you serious? You don't think it matters if the starting QB doesn't practice with his WR's, ESPECIALLY if they're rookies?
    Are you serious?

10. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Yes I am serious. Very few ROOKIE WR's are going to have an impact in their rookie season. Especially if the highest drafted one was the SECOND WR on his COLLEGE team. When I speak of these rookies, im not talking about first rounders, they are late round draft picks besides the 2nd WR from Oklahoma who was hurt most of the year. You can look at it how you want to, but the fact is, the were rookie wr's that werent going to be playmakers their first year no matter how much they practiced with their starting QB. You cant expect McNair to magicly turn these guys into big play wr's in their first year, you are just fooling with yourself....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar