LA Noire

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joelmunroe, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Any thoughts on how this game will turn out? I like the concept.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

like most other rockstar games.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So do I. It looks amazing, the motion capture technology looks great. Probably another hit for rockstar.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

As long as Rockstar doesn't side mission me to death like in Red Dead.

Jeez keep to the story.

Side missions like planet mining Mass Effect, nearly everything in Red Dead. GTA wasn't so bad this last time.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You'll be happy. It's a long game - about 30-32 hours most likely, around 40 if you're a completist. However, the vast majority of it, I've read, is vested in a healthy amount of cases you do at each tier - beat cop, vice, arson, and homicide. Each case ranges from about 30-50 minutes in play time, so it's a long game.

The funny thing about Mass Effect 2, which I loved, was that it really wasn't that long of a game if you didn't want it to be. I'd say 22 hours if you only did the story missions and the required recruitment missions, which is curiously low for an "RPG".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Here's a video of the first 15 minutes. I guess it has spoilers, but it's only the tutorial case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPyXVWL1OM

I'm actually pretty intrigued with how intricate looking for evidence could potentially be - it seems pretty sophisticated on the first one.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the quality of the facial animation. Mind blowing IMO.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That was my main complaint about ME2. It's really getting guys to go on one or two missions. I was hoping you get your guys and do a lot of stuff with them, not just get them and that's really it, go fight the bad guy.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah. I actually hesitate to call Mass Effect 2 an RPG for those reasons. I tend to think of it as a 3rd-person shooter with a fantastic story and rich characters, because the RPG customization and exploration are pretty streamlined. But that's also why casual gamers love it so much and it does keep it a fairly focused endeavor.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

RPG is very loose on this.

As for LA Noire, just deciding what games to trade in for it.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

LA Noire looks like a must buy. I'm currently addicted to Portal 2 (game of the year and a work of art)

I'm playing so many games right now and have zero time. Tiger 2012, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Portal 2 and now LA Noire.

Should hold me until NCAA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar