Kyle Vanden Bosch injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

So KVB has been missing games due to a groin injury, but it just seems he has missed alot more than I expected with a groin injury. Does anyone know the status of him? Fisher hasn't spoke about the injury lately at any of his daily practice reports. I would like to see him on the field soon.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Groin injuries can take a while to heal. More importantly, they can linger for a long time if you don't let them completely heal.

Why would we rush back KVB and not have him be 100% for the playoffs? He can take as long as he needs, as far as I'm concerned. When the games matter, he will be on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly what I was going to say, pretty much word for word. Why put him out there and let him risk getting a groin thats only 75-80% injured again? Especially when Ball and Jones have 2 sacks each in his absence. Our depth on defense is especially outstanding. Fuller, King, Ball, Jones, Fowler....those are the backups. Let old KVB sit as long as he needs to, if he can make it back for the last 5 games of the season playing at 100% then he'll be plenty rested and plenty ready when the playoffs come around

4. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

Didn't Vanden Bosch also say something to the extent of that he didn't want to play unless he was 100% because he doesn't want to be out there unless he can give his all. I could be mistaken on that though.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I agree, just didn't know what his status was and if he was playing Sunday or not. Your right, our D-LINE has great depth.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm not sure, but that is something that KVB would say. That's good news for us, because, at this point...we're not dying without him. Rest the man until playoffs for all I care. I just want him healthy enough to get to QB's in the playoffs/superbowl.

7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Muscle pulls, tears, and strains take a long time to heal properly and care should be given to assure healing prior to resumption of sport, especially those that require quick lateral movements like soccer, tennis, and football. So, let him rest!

Dave Ball and company can fill in. Dave was once characterized as Kyle Jr. for his "full speed ahead, darn the torpedoes!" approach.

However, we sure miss Kyle's non-stop motoring that takes him into the backfield and then he'll even be one of the first tacklers on the other side of the field or in the secondary!:spud:

P.S. - Welcome to the forum EGOOD81!

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

The way I see it, let KVB rest now and we get by without him, rather than rush him back and risk a big injury. The poor guy's had far too many seasons ruined by injuries already!

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I heard Fisher on Sirius radio yesterday and he said the decision to rest KVB last week was made at the start of the week to give him time to get healthy for the stretch.

They made KVB think it was a game-time decision, but it's obvious the coaches are thinking long-term with KVB.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's only been a month.

A groin strain could easily take 6 weeks to recover from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar