KVB Looking Forward to Texans Matchup

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch is looking forward to a big game in Houston. "For whatever reason, I always seem to play well against them and its just kind of like that with some teams," Vanden Bosch said. Over his career, Vanden Bosch has 25 percent of his sacks against Houston. "As a player, you get into the flow against some teams and I've probably played three of my best games against them," Vanden Bosch said. "I look forward to the matchup and expect to have some of the same results." In the first meeting with Houston, Vanden Bosch posted six tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sacks 5 and 6 coming up :grrhee:

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

duuuuuh
    I bet even I could beat their O Line for a pair of sacks against them.

:nana2:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we better get a few sacks this week, we only have 15 on the season. hopefully we wont have gerald austin to take a few away from us this time around.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, that sucked.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

"...and in my spare time I enjoy shooting fish in barrels and kickboxing with five-year-old girls", Kyle added.

Kyle's agent is currently negotiating a spokesman's spot with the Nashville Staples office superstore.

7. nickel

nickel Guest

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I say Carr is sacked 6 times.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ya know, the Vince Young question was really weak. Albert was like "what??" ...honestly... What vet (or any for that matter) d lineman is going to log a sack and then trash talk about a draft pick from the spring? Al should have looked at the reporter and said, "no, I think I'll just kick his helmet off and stomp on his head a few times"... that response makes more sense than the question. That's fan smack...

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Titans have only 15 sacks but they have the number one pressure guy................Texan fans know it............he lost two sacks in the texan game and he was on Carr all day long................

FROM NFL.COM

3. So who knocks the quarterback down the most? Well it is not Mario Williams and his 4.5 sacks! We see young pass rushers so cautious about the quarterback that it's taking some of the aggressiveness out of the defensive players. But when you consider that hits on the QB are almost as important as sacks, it might be a good time to check in about the defenders who have knocked the quarterbacks down the most.

The top-five players to knock the quarterback down the most don't necessarily show up as the top sack numbers, but most coaches are happy to get some big hits on the signal-callers.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is tied with Kamerion Wimbley at 22 knockdowns. Right behind them are Aaron Kampman (21) and Julius Peppers, Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott with (20). Defensive coaches want the quarterback hit as much as legally possible and they want them totally out of their comfort zone all game long. These guys are the best in the business right now at getting the job done.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9854300

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar