KVB earning some $$$

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Soxcat, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Absolutely wrong. Its easy to say that in hindsight, but no one knew he was capable of that before last season. You were looking at a guy with an injury history who had four career sacks. Remember, when we signed him, no one was even sure he'd make the final roster. If we had signed a guy like that to a long term deal, we'd have been screaming that Reese had lost his mind.

Of course now, if Reese doesnt sign the same guy to a long term deal, we'll be saying the same thing. Thats what a breakout season will do for ya.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

KVB reminds me of Kearse his 1st yr with us. He was new and no one knew what to expect. His 2nd yr wasn't any where as good as his first. I see that happening with KVB. OL will be ready for him next yr

3. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

Any publicity is good publicity. A good showing at the Pro Bowl raises his profile and therefore his status on other team's radar.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there are only 2 absolutes

death and taxes

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

point is nigel

somebody had to see something in him to bring him in and offer anything at all. there could have been an option in there somewhere, right ?

as soon as you seen the guy blowing up lines, you might've wanted to start thinking about renogotiating his deal (or can that happen in season?)
    \

what i'm saying is that Reeses could have done SOMETHING prior to his agent being able to garner offers from other clubs

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Uh, thats what exactly what they're doing now.

And you cant just put club options into the contract without the player getting something in return. And the Titans didnt want to give any more than the vet minimum to a player who there was no guarantee would even be on the roster after training camp (and as silly as that sounds now, it was definately the case when we signed him last April).

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I disagree. KVB is not a gimmick guy. Kearse was under sized and not as strong at the point of attack.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I was under the understanding that players can't entertain offers from other clubs until March 3rd or something?

9. jags98

jags98 Camp Fodder

Anychance the Titans Franchise KVB?

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, I think that would be more expensive than just giving him a new deal. I don't think he's asking for a "Top 3" paycheck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar