KVB Better than Kearse/Carter...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

or at least Haynzworth seems to think so....

Ringing endorsement: Earlier in his NFL career, Albert Haynesworth played in the same defensive line as Jevon Kearse and Kevin Carter.

Nothing against Kearse, Carter or others, but Haynesworth said Vanden Bosch is one of a kind.

"I wouldn't trade him for anybody," Haynesworth said. "He's going to bring it every down. Kyle's got a crazy motor. He's never going to stop.

"When he's in his casket, he's still going to be pass-rushing."

Source - http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071008/SPORTS01/710080341/1027/RSS0201

well i guess he never said better....but tennessean seems to think he implied it. well lets debate.....

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's certainly up there, and he might actually get to produce those kind of numbers again now that the rest of the line is getting pressure. It doesn't hurt that Kearse hasn't shown any durability in his career. KVB definitely seems to be a harder worker. I couldn't see Kearse or Carter making as many tackles as far downfield as he does.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Kearse was a beast in the pass rush. Carter was a beast against the run. KVB is a beast in both. It is unusal to get both in one player. He is like and Odom/LaBoy all in one combo turned up about 10 notices.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Similar to kearse..

Strengths and weaknesses. Like kearse he over pursues at times and tries to be in on every play and is everywhere making tackles. KVB has to make the other d-linemen better the way he constantly hustles and never stops. Anyone who has been to camp and seen this guy close up can see how inspirational a player he is.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What KVB brings to the team as far as work ethic and desire cannot be measured on a stat sheet. I'd say he is every bit as good as Kearse with the exception of Kearse's rookie year when nobody had an answer for him.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

His play in stopping Dunn at the one yesterday should be on the defensive plays of the week tonight during MNF. That was pure hustle that eventually saved the game.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's not as though kearse was a loafer. i remember him chasing down WRs play after play, he just couldn't stay healthy and is probably not as complete of a player as KVB.

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Until KVB starts racking up the sacks I still say Kearse in his prime was the best DE we ever had.

9. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

kearse wasn't named the "freak" for nothing. the only thing close to what kearse was in his prime now is j.peppers or dwight freeney. kvb is a great player tho don't get me wrong but there hasnt been de in awhile that has had as much of an impact on a game like jevon had. he changed the game if you didn't put a double team on him or even if you did he still was a play maker. i hope he comes back one day even if he isnt the same hes still good.

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Save for Kearses rookie year. Like oilerstruck said, a more complete package.
    The man is just a BRUTE!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar