Kuharsky's comments on Troupe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

are you completely high??? He had one catch that was actually a perfect pass from VY. Other than some other scrap reception, that was it. Other than missing several key blocks that resulted in sacks or losses. Did anyone notice that two times when a defender blew past him that he was still down in his stance, at least a full beat behind the snap. AND HE IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE SNAP COUNT!!!!!

This is the last game Ben Troupe plays in the NFL.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sorry phi, but other than a few nice catches, he was not very good. Blocking is so important for our TE's. Two blown blocks really hurt us.

How can you say it was more than Scaife would have done? Scaife has had better games than what Ben did today, and Ben has had worse receiving games than today. Ben didn't have any good YAC runs, he just made a few nice grabs. They weren't really tough catches, and Scaife has made tougher catches than Troupe has ever made.

I'm sorry, but my hopes for Troupe are gone. He's a tease, and not a complete TE. I wanted him to be, but there's no sense in giving him a spot next year instead of trying to fin an upgrade.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yes, and the sad thing is, that is not the first time it's happened. I noticed that problem with him in the past.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I hate to reveal the numbers for you, but...

Scaife averages: 2 catches for 22 yards
    Troupe got: 3 catches 44 yards

He was clearly more productive. No drops either. A dropped pass is as bad as missed block. Today, Troupe did more than Scaife in my opinion. You are certainly welcome to yours, but give some numbers to defend your cause.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They don't keep stats on missed blocks or assignments. Gimme a break. Troupe has sucked for a long time- nothing against him personally- he just has not got it done.

VERY much like Calico IMO.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Stats don't always tell the whole story. So it's not like someone can just give a stat and that automatically proves a point. Besides, I don't even know what those stats you're comparing are. Those aren't Scaife's averages this year.

A dropped pass is as bad as a missed block? That's pretty general, I think it depends on the situation. I don't think Troupe's hands are better than Scaife's anyway, so there's no point there to me.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Only Calico had a horrible injury to blame for his short career. I really think he might of stepped it up.

Troupe is a huge disappointment. He has such athletic ability, I really expected him to be a great playmaker to replace Wychek.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I miss Erron Kinney, hands like glue with a solid 6.4 sec 40 to boot.

He's one of my all time favorites.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

6.4 40 :lol:

I was wrong. I wanted to keep Troupe at the possible expense of Kinney (when healthy). I was way wrong. I thought Troupe would add a new dimension to our offense....now a guy like Kinney would be great. Although I may trade a bit of blocking power for a slightly better 40 ;)

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Troupe is not a very good blocker at all and it showed in the game yesterday.

I'm glad he caught 3 passes, but to say he was better that Bo Scaife is stretching it a tad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar