kuharsky bashes calico

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Calico should be staying late every day catching balls from the JUGS machine. Logical place in the order: after Givens and Bennett. Danger from: Bobby Wade, Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams. Should easily beat out Jonathon Orr. Question mark: Grant Mattos. Can he go back to the PS? He was mentioned some days ago as having fanastic mini-camps, catching everything thrown his way. Another USC guy.

I'm going to guess like this:

Givens
    Bennett
    Wade
    Calico
    Roby
    Williams
    Mattos

PUP - Jones

PS - Small, Orr, Thomas(?) - is he still with us?

I kind of hate listing Roby ahead of Williams, but Roby has the speed (though Roydell has the moves) - I think if Calico fails to give them that burner speed, they'll try Roby next.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

My list is :

Bennett
    Givens
    Jones
    Roby
    Wade
    Williams
    O.J. Small.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

TC was a gamble on greatness pick and if he doesn't show something soon, he won't be around too much longer. He's got the computer numbers, but...

Can he stay healthy?
    Can he catch the ball?
    Repeat!

Gut

PS - A MONSTER pre-season doesn't exactly earn you a MONSTER paycheck or MOSTER playing time. He'll need to have a decent pre-season and THEN show something when the games count. If he doesn't step up, someone else will and if he gets buried on this depth chart, he may never come up for air!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Preseason is all that counts. Those will be the Vince Young Games. Go Ty!

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Calico's problem is consistency. Injury sminjury. He bobbled the ball before his injury- he was grossly inconsistent.

And BTW, his wheels were shaky before the "horse-collar" tackle. That was the risk Reese took on him and it didn't pay off.

3 years of "huge potential" that has developed on the field equals a bust. I hate dumping a 2nd round choice, but I hate watching him bobble balls on seam or fly routes worse.

Quote Friday from Fisher regarding Calico":

"Yeah, consistency is the issue with the hands. The legs are there, and the understanding is there. He’s just been inconsistent catching it, and he needs to continue to work on that … I think time will contribute to it a little bit, but the more and more catches, the more consistent he’ll become."

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

He did get his facts right, "this offseason" is happening right now. "Next offseason" starts in February 2007.

8. Actually he got it wrong (unless he has a very unusual contract).

"Now he's in the final year of his initial contract, which calls for a $460,000 base salary and would make him a restricted free agent next season."

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You would cut Calico?

Brandon Jones will probably go on the Physically Unable to Perform list. We won't see him until the end of the year, at least, if they're smart.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Whoops, missed that. He'll be unrestricted. Good catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar