KR option: Ted Ginn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yeah. And CJ for Ronnie Brown and Britt for TGJ.

:rolleyes:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah, we need CJ and Britt.

3. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Deuce Know what I'm talking about. Get the speed out on the field for a formation to create mismatches with the defence.

Britt, Cook, CJ, Ginn, VY thats hard to cover right there.

Im not saying give up on Hawk, it just a few plays to see what teams do when we line up with them on the field. Thats how the wildcat got started. You could run a screen to all of the guys I listed other then VY, and screen plays are easy passes for him to complete.

4. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Never said he did. But I bet more teams see Ginn as a bigger threat then Hawk......

Nothing against the fourth WR on the depth chart.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Everyone saying giving up more than a 5th for Ginn would be a mistake, look up our history of 3rd round picks.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

THEEE dumbest thing you have ever posted. I'm hoping you're joking, but that would be a bad idea.

Ginn WILL be out of Miami within a week or two. If our team is interested they better make an offer soon. A 4th if we've got plans for him, or a 5th just to get him in.

7. Marko

Marko Starter

I'd give up a 5th and no more. We have Hawkins and unless they decide he has no future at all they should pull the triiger and atttempt to land Ginn. Especially with his punt returning ability. The only bad tihng is the contract but that shouldn't hold the team back from getting him imo.

8. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

To be honest with all of you, picking up Ted Ginn might be a good move. 1. He would fill our need to have someone returning kick-offs and punts. 2. He gives us a slot receiver option that we have lacked for a few years. I think he would be worth a 5th or 6th round pick. Just like all of you, I am watching quality players get traded to other to for merely nothing. I think the Titans should pull the gun on this one. We need people who can step in and play and not just players who are deemed projects all the time.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Being that he seems to have feet for hands, my only concern is fumbles on returns. With all the back and forth shifting to elude defenders I'm concerned with ball security. I don't know the numbers on him losing the rock, but if a WR cant catch, why's he a WR? Stick this guy in between Scaife and Washington on the left and he'll do good things.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

He doesn't fumble ; he just has had a severe case of droppitis. I was really excited about Ginn when he came out. The story on him is that he was the second most highly rated player coming out of highschool; AT CORNERBACK. Once he got to Ohio State, they switched him to WR to use him for explosiveness. He never really developed the nuances of the position even at the college level.
    Once Miami took him, he was immediately booed by the fanbase because they selected him, and there was a lot of pressure on him to be a #1. I think the pressure got to him as well as his confidence which he never recovered. A change of scenery might be exactly what he needs; and coincidentally exactly what we need: A pure slot guy with lots of speed that can be used in reverses, etc to keep the D honest. Plus be a homerun hitter in the KR game.
    But my question is this: Would you take Ginn or Golden Tate irrespective of draft implications? I really like Tate and think he has better hands than Ginn but if we don't have a shot at Tate; then by all means we grab Ginn and hope the change of scenery and less expectations yield a player that has the potential to be great. He has his flashes; see video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyPtJF-IgPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyPtJF-IgPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and his bad moments

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYSxJgjjJFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYSxJgjjJFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I watched the kid play a few games when I lived in Ohio. He's a burner and he is explosive. I would not be upset if we gave him a second chance in Nashville. It would be a nightmare on defenses with that much speed on offense.
    In summary; he's a great athlete who never had the benefit of a veteran WR showing him how its done, had unreal expectations thrust upon his shoulders, and lost his confidence. I would go so far to say he would flourish with a change of scenery in the right system. (Colts) He is NOT Troy Williamson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar