Kobe aka Mr. Clutch

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans2008, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I saw that article and laughed earlier.

Everyone in the NBA knows Kobe is the deadliest player when the game is on the line. No debate. If you're simply talking game winners/tying shots- I'd take Ray Allen over anyone.

Of course the guy everyone knows is taking the last shot is going to miss more. Isn't that logical?

And numbers showing misses/makes over an entire 14 year career is silly. Of course certain players have better averages when they've taken a fraction of the shots.

You might as well crown the running back that tosses the occasional trick play pass best passer in the league when he ends the season with a 156 QB rating.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

How does that explain anything? There are many other top players listed who are their team's number one options. The author, in fact, threw out every player's stats that didn't have at least 30 attempts. Besides, the article clearly shows that Kobe is a notorious ball hog in the clutch, which contributes to his low percentage. Other players realize that an open teammate might be a better option than shooting through double teams. *cough* *cough* Lebron.

Quote from article:

"Bryant makes crunch time defense easy for opponents by shooting just about every time he touches the ball (over a five-year period, he mustered 56 clutch shots, to go with one assist). "

4. Deuce Wayne

Notorious ballhog? lmao

tell lakers fans that.

He passes the ball FAR too much on game winning shots.

Point remains: If you take 5x's the shots as anyone else on the list... your percentage isnt going to be near as good.

And again: Everyone in the NBA knows. Some crappy ESPN writer using numbers changes nothing.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

LOL. Maybe you should click the link before you make yourself look like an idiot.

6. Deuce Wayne

Maybe I read the article about 7 hours before you posted it here.

You support a stupid article. Good for you. I disagree with a stupid article. It happens.

Perhaps you could have read the comments exposing this clown before thinking it was a good idea to post it:

Common sense kills kids.

R.I.P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar