Kiper just labeled us as his "loser" of the draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tez, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I was speaking more about the last 20-30 yrs.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Who the hell cares what Kiper has to say? This is the same guy who, when speaking of WR Mike Williams, said "I'll See You at His Hall of Fame Induction."

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

He should check out the Chiefs' draft before he opens his incompetent mouth... :irked:

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I woulda gone Steve Smith in the second... But which weapons did Vince lose exactly besides Henry? Next guy who calls Bennett or Wade a weapon deserves some hospital time for insanity. It doesn't mean you're a starter that you have the talent to be one. Bennett's a loser who's afraid of getting hit and is as much a deep threat as Jeff Fisher... Bobby Wade? I guess we could use him as a PR now, but just because Pac ain't around doesn't make him a weapon...

Look, I'm not saying I'm thrilled with our draft, in fact, I think it stinks, but I'm willing to wait it out with the kids to show me what they're made of before I start peeing on em...

5. mitnibobo

mitnibobo Guest

i think most people think this was a bad draft not because the players aren't any good, but because they expected us to take certain positions earlier than we did. i haven't heard anybody say that griffin will not be a good nfl player, but the pick has gotten flack because he plays safety, and people who only follow the titans in the news and on paper think safety isn't a need position. while it's not our biggest, we all realize that griffin should be an improvement over thompson. it's also important to remember, because i know i rarely think about this kind of stuff, that these experts and mock draft guys are going to blast us when we do something they didn't predict, because it makes it look like they're just guessing, and that they have little actual insight. when people start to think that these guys have only a little more information than some fans, it renders their opinions useless, and people will stop subscribing to whichever service they are peddling...

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Andy Reid's an idiot... Well, I woulda gone with Stanton but that's just me, I don't care for combines and workouts, I care about what you do on the field, and if you don't produce at the college level, why should I pick you (hello Paul Williams)...

We passed on Brandon Siler, a LB on the defending nat'l champs who is a player, to pick an OT when we need an ILB? We also passed on Buster Davis... Hope we target Earl Everett as a FA...

7. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Kiper...fired by the Titans. Very objective, I am sure.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Kiper can be right, but he can also do this...

* Kiper projected Notre Dame quarterback Rick Mirer as the 30th pick; he was selected second overall by the Seattle Seahawks and went on to have a mediocre journeyman's career, primarily as a backup.

* Among his failures, Kiper thought that Heisman Trophy winner and University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware would be an excellent NFL quarterback and a great match for the Detroit Lions-- Ware's tenure in the NFL was brief and inconspicuous.

* One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his draft class. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Thus far, Mike Williams has been a remarkable disappointment, being largely relegated to the sidelines and showing no signs of improvement.

* Before the 2001 NFL season, Kiper predicted the New England Patriots to go 0-16 and have the 1st pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. Instead, the Patriots went 11-5 and went on to win Super Bowl XXXVI against the St. Louis Rams.

9. Kiper never worked for the Titans. That was another "draft expert" whose name I can't recall at the moment...

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Look, whether Kiper is a Genius or Idiot, the fact is we had a terrible offseason and the draft is a big part of that
    Maybe those first two picks are the genius picks of the century it still doesn't justify reaching way down to pick them. If they were the two guys we needed we should've traded down to get them. We DEFINATELY could have gotten better value but we wasted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar