Kinky mask the future of football workouts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 9, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, I want to be the best I can be

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No, thing is too weird

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Forget that pass the blunt

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've seen this in the past but never seen one used. Until now. Video

[​IMG]

This is free agent LB Jamaal Westerman, he recently started using the oxygen regulating mask as a tool to improve his breathing, and I hear our very own Ropati Pitoitua also uses one. The noise the athlete makes is a little unsettling if you ask me.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of restricted airflow whilst running...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I hear Bane's voice...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Clarice........

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

anything that restricts the airflow in athletics will be counter productive to its purpose.

Unless, of course, it's purpose is to slow the athlete down......... rodger???????

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

It's to simulate working out in high altitudes. A lot of times in MMA, when a fight is in Denver you will see the fighters use these for cardio training.

But I've heard Train high, rest low and I've also heard to train at low altitudes then rest in high altitudes

Not sure which is better.

7. JCBRAVE

This must work in the same way swimming with weights does. When you finally remove the resistor, everything is easier. This probably also helps guys push thru to the 4th quarter.

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I'm not 100% sure about the mask, but high altitude training makes your body produce more blood cells so when you compete at sea level or lower levels you do have a little advantage until your body adapts.

So I'm guessing the mask regulates your oxygen to the point your body starts to produce more red blood cells. It's cool, I wouldn't mind giving it a try

9. JCBRAVE

That makes sense

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I tried one and it was pretty lame. It is only going to improve half of one's endurance.

Half of cardio is strengthening the cardiovascular muscles in the heart, and the ability to pump through as much oxygen as possible is part of that.

I suppose it would help the lungs get more oxygen per breath, but that's it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar