King: Titans may enter bidding for Wallace

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SlidePiece, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Aint happening, Peter King has lost his damn mind.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

No way this is happening. Wallace is a punk and waaay overrated anyway. If they are going to go after a receiver in free agency it had damn well better be Jennings.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

This one took me by surprise. Definitely shows the Titans may want to shake things up at WR. Probably just wanting a playoff vet or proven leader kind of like they are looking for on defense right now.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Eh, Wallace is not the guy I want.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Couldn't disagree more fellas, Wallace is a difference maker. Wyatt said two days ago that the team would likely bring in a vet receiver, I was thinking more along the lines of a Steve Breaston type, not a guy that would actually make a difference on the field.

I'd be all for it, but even if they do have interest, I can't see the Titans being the highest bidder.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's not the pursuit for Wallace thats silly, it's what he's going to want to be paid.

Adding Wallace makes a lot of sense, but paying him top dollar to be a No.2 doesn't.

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

LOL whose our number one? Britt? Really? C'mon.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

im not going to argue if we got Wallace, because the need is certainly there. Really opens up the draft also and makes Cook an after thought.

9. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I think this would definitely make sense for us. Kenny britt isn't going to be with us after next season (hopefully). Why not ensure we keep our WR corps strong long after his departure? (Granted britt really hasn't done much for us) Wallace is a solid #1 and paired up with wright, we could have a really solid set of WRs. Sign him to a 5 year contract and we won't have to worry about drafting a WR and hoping he pans out.

Wallace is proven and would provide some excitement among the fan base that would make up for the "unsexy" pick of a guard in the first. I like it.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar